1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV8 - Help with component connection

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by RAM69, Jul 23, 2004.

1. RAM69

RAM69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got my AV8 and am very impressed with it. However, I have got a problem with the component video output.

When I connect my Pioneer 868 to the AV8 via component and then output via component to my SIM2 extra, the pj does not get a signal. If I connect the 868 direct to the pj the signal is fine so I know the cable is OK.

What am I doing wrong which prevents the AV8 from passing the signal through?

2. crion

crion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you define which component input to use for the source? And also what type of connection (Component or RGB)?

3. RAM69

RAM69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I showed the input as DVD and it is connected via component.

4. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    You need to turn on the DVD component input if you haven't already done so. This is in advanced menu 2 Video Settings at the bottom. Set HQvideo 1 to DVD. (if you are using input 1)

Also make sure that in the menu 1 the general settings menu the HQ video setting is set to component.

Regards,
    Andrew

5. RAM69

RAM69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this.

Amazingly enough, the shop came back to me last night and we discovered it was the setting under menu 1 that was wrong. I have now changed the setting and it works fine.

I must say I am very impressed with the processor and would recommend it to anyone.