1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV8 7.1 input problem (no sub!)

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Greggles, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Greggles

Greggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Hi guys,

I've just connected the DV29 to the AV8 for the first time using the multichannel analogue input, in order to listen to DVD Audio. Although I've had the AV8 for some time. I've never used these connections before as my previous DVD player (Meridian 596) did not possess suitable outputs. With my recent purchase of the DV29, I thought I'd give it a go (although DVD Audio doesn't interest me very much).

After connecting up and running through the trim setup procedure (menu 6)on the DV29, I was unable to generate a sub output. After some experimentation, I discovered that the AV8 seems to be the problem. Whatever I connect to the Sub input, no sound comes out of it.

When I use the digital connection and adjust the level settings (menu 4) on the AV8's setup, all is fine. This leads me to the conclusion that the problem is somewhere between the sub input and output of the AV8 (?)

Before I lug the unit back to my dealer, I would just check that I am not missing something in the setup of either unit. Any advice/ sugestions would be much appreciated.

Greg :lease: