1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Av50

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by nismo_gt, Feb 13, 2005.

1. nismo_gt

nismo_gt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there :)

I'm still very pleased with the sound from my AV50 when listening to music (coupled to a Rega planet cd), but would really like something that carries a little more weight for the home cinema side of things (mostly when running Dvd thru 5.1). So I'm hoping someone might be able to answer a couple of questions .....

Is there an upgrade that would be beneficial or what would you recommend as an alternative ? (sadly budget is tight so would consider buying 2nd hand)
    If an alternative is recommended then what kind of 2nd hand value does my AV50 have now ?

Thanks in advance

Chris

2. barnythebear

barnythebear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't think there is an upgrade option. AV100 and 200's come up on ebay, I think there are some on at the moment. AV300 is an excellent piece of kit but not coming up yet secondhand. Av250 very much like 300 but with less power and no pre-outs, so no connecting power amps etc. Look on ebay for price, I think there is an AV50 on at the moment.
    Hope this is useful.

3. nismo_gt

nismo_gt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for your advice, I think I'll keep an eye out for an AV100/200 :)