1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32Rbp192 vs AV32R DP without TMREQ

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by adomingos, Nov 16, 2004.

1. adomingos

adomingos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I would like to know your feedback regarding the issue "AV32Rbp192 vs AV32R DP without TMREQ"...

Did anybody tested this two within the same conditions, equipment, room, mood ;)

What are DP advantages over bp192 not counting TMREQ?

I potentially consider the upgrade for the DP, but it's so damn expensive! :eek:

By the way can anybody send me the latest documentation regarding TMREQ :lease: I would like to know more about it. How many filters available for channel... Does anybody here applies filters beyond the LFE channel? If not a potential solution would be to apply for instance a BFD (Behringer Feedback Destroyer) in this channel as solution and take the av32r192bp closer to the performance of the DP :) As anyone tryied this last solution?

Thanks in advance,
    Antonio

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hi Antonio.

The DP offers better surround steering than the already impeccable standard AV32R, there is also a view that straight stereo is a touch clearer and all together more accompished but I'm not so sure on that, but the difference in surround material is quite obvious. The DP also has far more features for tayloring the sound with bass re-direction rules and enhanced surround formats that can't be had on the standard 32R. The abiltity to use TMREQ (which is free with the DP) brings a nice welcome improvement in quality well worth the money...... Massive improvements are possible up to about 200Hz or a bit beyond if the graph plot still shows a big peak, most don't fiddle much above this figure unless very well versed in room EQ as most gains are at the lower frequencies. It is certianly a much neater solution than filling the room with bass traps etc...... It should be said that it can't perform miracles and in some very bad rooms acoustic treatment will be necessary but it works very very well in all the rooms i've tried.... The AV32R/DP comes very highly recommended, nobody has a bad word to say about it really.

You can apply 8 filters on each speaker channel (i.e. on all 7.1 channels if you wish...), with the latest TMREQ wizard and read UrbanT's excellent missive on the subject of easy setup it really is quite easy to get a good result, if you want to fine tune after that it will take some time but apart from the cost of the licence to enable the two way comms feature of the TMREQ wizard (well worth the money in the time it saves), it is the cheapest upgrade to your sound quality you will ever make....

3. adomingos

adomingos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Graham, thank you for your insights. As far as I know I've never heard anybody complaining about DP performance, only about price!

The customization it offers beyond standard 32R is good news also, but you confirmed to me that in fact almost no one applies filters beyond 200Hz. I understand that beyond these frequencies the thing can be tricky also, that's why I've placed the question of using the BFD on LFE channel. Not the fancy DP but it will certainly improve sound after a correct configuration. Nevertheless I'm curious if someone around here already tested this solution...
    By the way are you talking in filters till 200Hz on all channels or just LFE, it wasn't clear for me :confused:

I've read UrbanT's document regarding TMREQ, and you mention something that already caugth me attention on his paper "...apart from the cost of the licence to enable the two way comms feature of the TMREQ wizard (well worth the money in the time it saves),...". Do you have any info on how to obtain this and how much it costs? After all TMREQ is not free :devil: plus a Tagtronic programming cable would be necessary right! More cost... :thumbsdow

Thank you Graham, cheers,
    Antonio

4. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Hiya.

I'm using all 8 filters on all 8 channels (i.e. 64 of them), they work wonders on all speakers not just the sub.....
    The TMREQ licence is obtained from the IAG Helpdesk, and yes you do need the programming cable!
    As for price well it is cheaper than the competitors product and offers more......

5. adomingos

adomingos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Understood Graham :thumbsup:

tks,
    Ant

6. adomingos

adomingos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Remember to ask you a few more things... You use all the 64 filters...but what setup do you have regarding speakers, bass limited, full range? Until what frequencies did you worked out?

tks,
    Ant

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    speakers set to bass limited, twin subs and for the main 7 speakers I went to 250hz and let John excellent wizard sort it out picking the best way to level it all out....

8. Welly123

Welly123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All 8 filters.... The version that I have (AV192 version 4.31, latest... I thought) has 8 filters for Main L&R, Center and sub but only 5 filters for Surrounds and rears (52 filters total).

Regards

9. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Whatever, I don't actually pay any attention to how many there are I just let John's excellent wizard get on with it and use them all as deemed necessary :cool: In short there are more than enough to do an excellent job.