1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32R SP won't recognise DD Sky+ Stream

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Tantalus, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I may be doing something dumb here but just wanted to know if anyone else experienced a problem I am having.

I have my Skky+ box connected to my AV32R via optical. The sky+ setup shows optical output is Dolby Digital. I have the Av32R set as Multi-channel on the input and the movie in Sky is showing as DD (tried several of them).

But... my AV32R only seems to be recognising the optical stream as Pro logic. It doesn't seem to detect a DD stream.

Is Sky perhaps not broadcasting it in this format or are my setups wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

2. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    You will only find Sky broadcasting DD 5.1 on Sky Movies.......and then I think only on 1 and 2 ?? Even then a lot of the movies are in Dolby Surround. Best bet is to check the Synopsis for a film which has DD in the information bar.

3. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not so sure I agree there. If I hit 'i' it shows T, WS, DD - Dolby Digital. Most of the the Sky Movies channels broadcast - if you have Sky+ via optical DD. It worked before!

4. NeilS

NeilS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Mark,

You're not alone...I have an AV32R DP and a Pace V2 Sky+ and I have the same problem.

I'll be interested to hear from anyone with a similar setup where the DD stream is recognised.

Neil

5. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Well my Sky + is recognised. DD 5.1 - but as I said earlier its few and far between the amount of stuff I actually watch in true 5.1, most of it is in Pro Logic which TBH is absolutly fine if you switch the TAG to to TM5.

On the note about what channel broadcast in what check this out over at Digital Spy .........DD Broadcast thread question

As a matter of interest which optical input do you use ?? originally I couldn't get a thing from the one marked DAB - I currently use the one marked MD.

6. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yup same as me MD.

7. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Tantalus

I have the Pace Sky+ and DD 5.1 is not restricted just to 301 and 302. A lot of movies are broadcasted in Surround for which I use PLII movie.

I will check later, but last night while surfing the channels, I did get movies with 5.1, but can't remember what, sorry :blush:

8. Tantalus

Tantalus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Weird - DD has come back on. Seems to be intermittant. Maybe it is to do with bad weather and low broadcast bandwidth? When it is on its certainly not restricted to two channels. Most of them have it. Oh well.

I don't like the Prologic warbling in the bakc channels!