AV32R Single Processor Backup

diegoSFO

Standard Member
Reaction score
I just bought my second AV32R , I would like to copy my settings it is not clear to me if the backup functionality is available of not available for the single processor.
Both unit run software 3.8
It will be kind of painful to manually reconfigure the new unit in the same way

Hi

If you have the Tag upgrade cable (consists of one serial connector, a black box and two cables (red and black)) then there shouldn't be any problems with the backup utility (standalone software which can be downloaded from IAG, I think). However, do note that you need a computer with serial interface or a USB to Serial adapter, of which not all work. Do a search to find out. As I have an old laptop with serial interface I haven't looked into which adapters work.

Cheers

Thanks
I do have the cable and the USB adapter , the software upload works just fine.
But the Backup utility not really, I was reading a little bit on the web and it is not clear if the Single processor running software 3.8 support the backup. I find difficult to beleive that i can't backup the setting but so far I can't figure how

For Backup you only use the Black cable (the Red one is only for upgrade of software). Maybe you should download the Backup Utility again. I had the single processor SW v 3.8 before getting a DP unit and as I recall I didn't have any problems with the backup utility.

Cheers

Hummm
It doesn't work at least for me. Maybe I need an old version of the backup software , i can connect to the AV but then there is a message saying "can't read ..."
It sounds to me impossible that the backup wasn't supported prior to the Double Processor, but maybe is really not possible.
I guess i will have to get crazy o configure the second on eexaclty like the first one...:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom