1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32R remote control

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by eisenach, Mar 19, 2005.

1. eisenach

eisenach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Oh dear, I've turned into a fogey overnight, someone who can't use a remote control or programme a video recorder.
    I received my AV32R yesterday, and although I can figure most of it out (the manual's only of limited help) there are some things that escape me.

1. How do you select 5.1 by-pass from the remote? I can do it from the front panel by scrolling through the analoque inputs (again, no help from the manual), but I haven't worked out how to do the same from the remote. i.e. I can't scroll through the inputs.

2. I've got the remote to learn the codes for my Arcam tuner, but it only works for one channel change at a time unless I go to another device, press a few buttons and then come back to tuner, when it'll work again for just one change. Weird!

3 Ditto for the Philips DVD!

Is there a shift button (apart from the one that's labelled and seems to do nothing!) that allows access to a second layer of commands?

Please help me in my dotage.

2. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Can't help you with Q2 or Q3 as I've never tried! :eek:

To get the 5.1 BP :

Menu -> Set-up -> Change Set up -> Input Options - > Key Assignments on Remote

then select where you want your BP to "sit" on your remote (eg : tuner/aux/cd keys) and the assign the BP to the chosen audio 2

Save your settings and your off :clap:

3. sgal

sgal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Presumably the Arcam and the Philips equipment use RC5 IR codes (as the TAG equipment does). RC5 uses a toggle bit to distinguish between multiple key presses and repeated sending of an IR code because of a long key press, most remote controls can't handle this. The TAG remote does it for TAG equipment because it has been modified to do so.
    I am interested in a workaround myself, the only one I know of is to use a Philips Pronto which takes the toggle bit into account.

Best regards Stefan
    - -

4. canavan

canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm quite certain that the tag remote can indeed handle codes with parity - that's why you have to press each button you want to teach it twice.

5. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The only "problem" I seem to recall from the good old days was when Meridian gear was also in use as the don't use RC5

6. eisenach

eisenach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the replies. I've got access to the bypass now, but the learned functions still don't seem to work properly. I'll try teaching it again!

7. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    A Philips Pronto beckons.......