Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AV32R Remote Control - Not working

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by AdrianLow, Aug 11, 2005.

1. AdrianLow

AdrianLow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My AV32R remote control does not response to the remote control even after I changed to a new set of baterry. I need to bring the remote control back to working condition because I need to re-calibrate the AV32R.

Is this the remote control problem of the AV32R ? How am I going to overcome this problem. Please advice.

Thanks.

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the remote is bust, there is not really much you can other than contact IAG for a new one.

They used to be about £35 - £60 depending on who you got on the end of the phone...

3. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Canal!! For £60 I'd sell you my brand new spare!!

Before you start spending bucks, are you sure it in AV mode? Don't mean to sound condescending but under a bit of stresss...

4. AdrianLow

AdrianLow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do press on the AV mode before press on other key. Is there any way to confirm it is remote control problem?

I just contacted the local agent, they charge £8 to confirm whether the remote is faulty or not and £60 for a new unit.

5. canavan

canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Look up how to completely reset the remote in either the manual for the AV32R, or grab the manual for the SL9000 from hometheatermaster.com. If you have a video camera or webcam, point the remote at them to see if any IR is sent out.

6. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Of course you have to record it onto the tape or connect the camera directly to the display. Often it can not be seen on the LCD display (at least not on few Sonys I used)

7. AdrianLow

AdrianLow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was unable to find the reset command from the av32r and s900 manual, please help.

8. IanS

IanS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Now this may be the "reset remote" command that you are looking for (it's all that I can find in the AV32R manual), the manual states that this will erase all learnt commands for all devices

"Press and hold the tv REMOTE SELECTION and light keys simultaneously, The status LED will flash red 10 times, then green once and turn off"

CAUTION - THIS WILL ERASE EVERY LEARNT COMMAND THAT YOU HAVE PROGRAMMED INTO THE REMOTE.

9. AdrianLow

AdrianLow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tested the remote with a AV32R from the local agent, the “AV” button did light-up when pressing key but just not response from av32r. Suspected the command may be deleted unintentionally.
    I need the RC5 code re-program the remote, if you have the RC5 code, please share with me. Thanks.

10. canavan

canavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It was the "erase all learnt commands for all devices" IanS mentioned that I ment. If that doesn't help, try the "auto search method" from page 10 of the SL9000 manual. If even that doesn't help, buy a replacement from IAG or get a Pronto or similar.

RC5 codes won't help you with the remote that came with the AV32R. If you still want them, the old TMA documents have been posted here in the forum, so use the search function.

11. AdrianLow

AdrianLow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have try the "Erase All Learnt Coomands For All Devices", the remote still doen't work. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

12. Joelc

Joelc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Although a little off topic I thought that I would throw it in here....

Over the years as home cinema enthusiast I have programmed and used all sorts of remote contrals -- from basic ones such as those sold by RadioShack to advanced ones such as the Harmony 768, ProntoPro and Crestron STS...

Sometimes in life one finds that simple is best...with a TMA AV192R, DVD32R and 100x5R I am finding/leaning towards a simple solution...namely programming the TMA remote with the basic codes for my blinds, lights, projector, and scaler, all of which should take no more than 5 minutes...with the result that other than the negative of having to remember a few buttons I can have all the control I would normally need without the fuss that associates itself with programming today's high end screen based remotes.

Would be interested in others' view and experiences...

Cheers,

Joel
    from Canada

13. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Sometimes the simple solution is the best one mate, no-one is going to argue that one. Only ever grow to more complex kit as and when you can't do it with what you already have.....

14. AdrianLow

AdrianLow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally I found one local repair shop that repair remote control. Most of the remote control is OEM product, no problem in getting the components and they just charged for $10. Appreciate all your advice. Thanks.

15. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Joel,

I did the same to my TAG remote, and although most of the people on the forum have changed to Pronos and the like, I still like the TAG for it's simplicity.

16. GregDavidson

GregDavidson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Tag remote didn't quite have enough ability to make using everything user friendly enough for my family...

While the Pronto and Pocket PC based emulators (like NetRemote) offer tons of functionality I'm just a fan of real buttons. The thought of looking down at a glowing screen to try to figure out what to press doesn't work for me.

So I use a Marantz RC1400 - lots of functions and programability plus lots of real buttons making it easy to use in the dark. Used a RC2000MkII for ages and that was good but the RC1400 is a step up again.

Greg