AV32R processor advice

slingshot

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll own up and what I really want is a Bryston Sp1.7, but it doesn't look like the funds will appear anytime soon, so after seeing AV32R's at HiFiBitz for 900 quid I'm think maybe this would be a half way house from my 2 year old Rotel 1066. I get very confused with the TAG model numbers so could someone give me some idea of what I'd be getting.

The HiFi Bitz web sit lists it as an AV32R but then goes on to talk about AV32RBP192 I assume it's the AV32RBP192 they are selling.

My requirments are :-
PLII
Analog bypass for SACD (and preferebly stereo sources)
I DONT need 7.1
I DONT need video switching

So would this be a good buy? I'd be using it with my Arcam P90 power amps and PMC speakers.

Cheers

Slingshot

The AV32R BP 192 should cater for all of the requirements you list.

As a quick note, the bypass can be configured as either 1 x 5.1channel input or 3 x 2channel input.

As TaxHamster says, the AV32 processor will do everything you require. However, it may be worth waiting as there are likely to be a few 2nd hand AV32s appearing in the classifieds soon, as people like me who have bought Dual processor versions from Hifibitz seek to sell off our existing single processor versions.

Mine, for example, is exactly the same specification as that being sold by HifiBitz and will be available for less than £900 in the near future. Watch the classifieds section carefully.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom