1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32R OSD help

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by UrbanT, Jun 22, 2004.

1. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    I'm struggling to think of an answer to this, I'd be grateful for any help.

At the moment, to see the OSD, I have to lug a heavy TV to sit in front of the Tag, and use an svideo lead to connect. LIfe would be much easier if I could connect the Tag to my LCD screen for the PC. The LCD only has the normal blue PC connector, and a DVI input.

Is it possible to connect the Tag up using svideo, or the other yellow RCA type connector (what is the correct technical name for this output/input?)

Any help appreciated :)

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    Scrub the question. I've realised I have a spare svideo connector on the Sweetspot capture card, so will try and connect them when I get home :)

3. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Quote "or the other yellow RCA type connector (what is the correct technical name for this output/input?)"

I seem to recall its called composite Video

4. MartinFXDX

MartinFXDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just an idea, I use a Progressive Scan Video to XGA scaler box between my pc and LCD screen. The PC input just routes through with sound. Other inputs (through a simple 4 way switch) eg AV32, DVD32, SACD/DVD player etc feed into the box so I can monitor any source including setup menus and DVD(A) content without turning on my TV or PC. The one I use was from Keene Electronics part VTB100. It also has a TV tuner and teletext.

It works well enough for this sort of thing.

5. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I just have a little 7" LCD TFT monitor which was only £130, it has RGB,S and composite inputs. I use it so I can accesss the menu system without having to turn on my projector and burn up valuable bulb hours!