1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32R hardware and software upgrades

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Pooley, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Pooley

Pooley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have a bog standard AV32R, bought new about 3 or 4 years ago. It's never been upgraded, software or hardware, and I think it's about time I looked at the options.

So guys, what options do I have and what are the benefits of each one?

Options I see so far are;

Analogue bypass - not really of interest unless I have SACD or DVD-A sources, which I'm not planning on getting for some time, if at all.

192MHz/24 bit DAC's - since my sources are all digital, from the DVD32R (when it works!), what benefit would this upgrade be? The only benefit I could see is if this upgrade "upsamples" the original datastream from CD or DVD-V. Does this option do this? I suspect the only benefit be from analogue sources connected to the AV32R, which would then be sampled at the higher rate.

Dual Processor - more processing power and TMREQ, which I admit sounds a nice option. Does TMREQ function in a similar way to the TaCT preamp, whereby the sound in the room is analysed and then some form of digital "graphic equaliser" smooths the in-room response?

Comments please!

2. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you can go for the DP.

There was a noticeable difference from the AV32 192kb to a AV 32 DP. Then there is TMREQ. TMREQ made a significant difference in my room.

Simon

3. Welly123

Welly123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Pooley,

The 192kHz/24-bit DAC upgrade would be of benefit as long as you have an analogue power amp (as opposed to full digital power amp) as the AV32r would apply a finer resolution when converting from Digital to analogue, this yeilds a noticeable improvement.

TMREQ is another story entirely... the improvements are nothing short of fantastic. Must be experienced to believe…..

Regards