1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32R Error Message

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by spiderv6, Dec 30, 2003.

1. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DV27 is feeding the AV32 and is set to output at 96K. The AV32R says it is receiving a 92K signal.

The AV32R is in "direct" mode but I keep seeing a message flashing up which says "error - xxxx overrange". I can't make out the "xxx" as it is flashing up for only a split second and over the top of the "Direct" display making it unreadable. The message seems to flash up every time a track gets busy - i.e., there is a lot of data being thrown around.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on or what I have wrongly configured?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Are you using the DV27A as a CD transport when this is happening?
    I'm not familiar with the DV27A,and thus not sure if it has the capability to upsample to 96kHz on CD,and certainly the fact that your AV32R indicates a 92kHz signal being received indicates some form of sampling or data rate problem.

Have you tried setting the DV27A to a lower sampling frequency,if this is on CD replay?

3. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If it's connected via the analogue output then you have to adjust the gain in the AV32R unit. This is found in the Menu under Analogue input.

With analogue input to the AV32R it always shows 96khz as an indication that this is the max it can receive via the analogue inputs.

However, if your DV27A is connected via the digital connections, it's odd, as it should show the sampling rate (44.1, 48 etc). What software are you using?

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    As Bogi says,if you're using an analogue connection,if the output level from the DV27A is set too high,then the AV32R will give an error-overrange message,and all you need to do is to reduce the analogue level accordingly.

From what you seem to be saying though,spiderv6,you're using a digital connection,and although you've set the sample rate on the DV27A to 96kHz,the AV32R is saying it's 92kHz.
    If so,92kHz is a very odd figure,and not an obvious multiple of any commonly used sampling frequency.

The figure of 96KhZ with respect to analogue inputs on non analogue bypass AV32R's refers to the A/D conversion sampling frequency used to convert the analogue input to digital within the AV32R.

5. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I meant 96K not 92K - typo!

Thanks all, I realised in bed last night what was probably wrong and a quick scan of the manual (now there is a rarity!) and auto calibration has it sorted out this morning.

I have the unit connected via the analogue inputs and I am using that to see what I like best - the Arcam dacs or the Tag dacs for CD replay.

Jury is still out! :)

Now, onto the Arcam forum for the next issue........:D

6. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Glad to see it all fixed relatively painlessly!