1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV32R Dual Processor or not: HOW CAN I TELL?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by washbellybaby, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washbellybaby

washbellybaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All :hiya:

First and foremost please forgive me for what could be termed a naive question, but being a complete newbie to the AV32 I really don't know how to get the definitive answer. This is not a wind-up question and I hope that I don't irritate or upset the TMA cognoscenti!

OK here goes: how can I tell definitively if the AV32R that I have recently purchased (new) is what it is supposed to be - a dual processor 5.1 model. The invoice says “AV32R Dual Processor 5.1”, but after reading the supplied AV32Rbp-192 manuals, something is not quite right:

1. the back of the unit has the surround back channel output sockets, which the manual says (in small print) is “only available if your AV32Rbp-192 is equipped with the ‘7.1’ option” and
    2. simplistic I know, but the front of the unit does not have “dual processor” decals as the processors on the leaflet on the IAG website do.

Using the menu to access the “AV Options + Backup” sub-menu: the “show options fitted/enabled” lists the following:

• No AC-3 RF interface
    • Surr. Back channels fitted
    • Switches+Rear IR fitted
    • No DAB
    • Analog 5.1 bypass fitted
    • MPEG2 not enabled
    • Prologic II enabled
    • HCDC disabled
    • DTS-ES 6.1/Neo:6 disabled

The software is V3.80

So what do I have good people – is it a dual processor machine? Is it ‘7.1’ rather than ‘5.1’? Please help me as I’m pulling my hair out. :lease:

2. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    It is not DP , sorry to dissapoint you.

3. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    at least it is 7.1

4. washbellybaby

washbellybaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Miron, thanks for the response. So what is it that I have - a single processor 7.1, and how will can I tell what the real thing is??

5. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If I were you and you were sold a dual processor by your dealer (as per your invoice) I would be back there with a very large policeman.

We call that fraud here.

Was it a TAG dealer that sold you this unit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.