Av32r dp

yeah i was gonna bid on that-it was pick-up only though,would have gone for more if seller posted it. Ahh well another "one that got away".

I found it a bit disheartening for someone who's considering selling his!

Yes that was a bargain for whoever picked it up.
Hope there's another when I'm ready.

I found it a bit disheartening for someone who's considering selling his!

The bottom seems to have dropped right out of the market. I sold my dvd32r recently and only got £457.
Considering I paid 4k for it new it was pretty hard to swallow but the oppo I have is actually better and that cost £320 and will play just about anything except bluray

I will never pay loads for high end equipment again (from the guy who has just ordered a jvc hd750 projector :D)

One thing about this hobby is its not an investment in making money thats for sure.

the prices seem to have nosed dived big time :thumbsdow

on the bright side there is still not a lot out there to beat the TAG gear sound quality wise and the power amps and speakers should last a lifetime

You would have to go for the likes of Bryston to match the the 250x3R and 100x5R

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Yeah, I bid but was pipped at the post :(............I knew I should've gone higher but, as others have said, as it was collection only, this dampened my bid!

Meanwhile, I shall keep looking, and if anyone has a dp for sale in the future, please pm me first!

Allan

When my new Onkyo PR-SC886 processor arrives i will be putting mine up for sale

Give me a shout when you do jolly -i'm a bit closer to you(manchester)!
:thumbsup:

Yeah, I bid but was pipped at the post :(............I knew I should've gone higher but, as others have said, as it was collection only, this dampened my bid!

Meanwhile, I shall keep looking, and if anyone has a dp for sale in the future, please pm me first!

Allan

Just remember that all trades must go in the classifieds.

Sorry, did I just hear right, that a £300 Oppo DVD player sounds better than a Tag DVD32R ? I just bought a DVD32R for £650 and was advised it arguably the best CD transport ever made! grrrr

Question, that 'synclink' to connect the DVD to the AV, should I be using a 75ohm Digital cable or phono cable or doesn't it really matter and which one should I be using, IN or OUT from the DVD? - there are two of them on the DVD and one on the AV!? *confused*

I am also desperately looking for an AV32RDP as I only have the 192BP version so guess the race is on (that one on eBay was black, I would really like silver).

*mods* of course we are to battle it out fairly on the Classifieds should it become available here...fyi I will have my +6 sword and methryl body armour ready for combat. ;)

to ti33r
1. Dvd connects to av32r with 75 ohm digital cable-
2. Sync link goes from av32 to dvd with a normal analogue (phono cable).
The sync link is 'driving' the dvd's master clock,which means less jitter etc,
hope this makes sense.

Thanks Dazsti

Does it go from the AV to the DVD i.e. to the IN synclink on the DVD32R? - this is how I have it set up but honestly I cannot hear the difference with or without it? (should this be pretty obvious in terms of sound quality?)

Hi,

You should be able to clearly hear the difference. Have you enabled the sych link option for that input in the AV32R menu?

re-Does it go from the AV to the DVD i.e. to the IN synclink on the DVD32R?

yes that's it, the output plug on av32r called sync (under the dvd input plug) goes to your dvd in synclink plug, like Martin says it needs to be enabled in setup menu, when that is done it will confirm in av32r display window -
Audio-DVD32R -T2L

Last edited:
I think the IN & OUT sockets are joined anyway so it wouldn't make any difference but I could be wrong. The OUT socket is for daisy chaining another synch equiped tag source.

As an aside, I once asked Udo if I could attach 2 processors - in my case a DPA32R and an AV32R to one DVD32R (the DPA had the new 192 DACs and the AV32 didn't) but was told that it wasn't recommended. I guess it would be ok if only one processor was ever on but needless to say I didn't risk it. The units were bloody expensive then....:eek: I am talking about the sych here not the digital connection. Anyway.....:boring:

Thanks Gents

I have enabled it and it does say DVD..T2L on the AV, however removing the connector seems to make no audible difference to my ears; hence the question about phono or 75ohm connectors?

I have a CD20R on eBay at the moment and to my ears, through the analogues it actually sounded BETTER!? 8-]

Hope it hasn't been a big mistake - I am holding out to upgrade my 32bp to the 32DP as Dr Udo Zucker informed me that this should make a difference to the stereo reproduction.

Sorry, did I just hear right, that a £300 Oppo DVD player sounds better than a Tag DVD32R ? I just bought a DVD32R for £650 and was advised it arguably the best CD transport ever made! grrrr QUOTE]

No it does not sound better but the picture is better on the oppo.

If you connect it via the synclink it will be a very very good CD player and will easy beat the oppo(although in your later post you dont seem to agree :confused:)

I use Lexicon so the synclink was not important to me for DVD playback

My 32R was first generation so would not play DVD R's and was very picky on CD's which is also an indication of the mech failing. I could have upgraded the mech for £550 but then the rest of it could fail (as has happened with a few on here already)so I decided to sell it while the thing still worked.

ti33er,

When I last compared non synch with synch I found the differences very noticeable. With your equipment there should be no problems in terms of resolution.

I found that without the synch link the sound was warmer but softer and a bit lacking in focus. With the synch link the sound tightened, focused, and became more dynamic but leaner. Whichever one you prefer, the differences were obvious.

The only thing I can think of is whether you have the right settings in your AV32R? If they are incorrect I guess it could mask the differences that the synch link is making. The fact that you think the CD20R sounds better could just be a matter of taste but it could indicate a settings issue depending on how you had the CD20R connected - digital or analaoge? Unless there is a fault somewhere.

IMHO something is wrong because I found the sound difference easy to spot. Maybe others can help?

hmmm what you are saying about leaner sounding is exactly what I am experiencing - I prefer a warm inviting, non-clinical sound...to me the symbols or high-hats in music sound 'zizzy' now(?) and I hate that! - considering upgrading my speakers from B&W 804S to 803D to rid myself of this, but it might be the equipment not the speakers!? (I have 250MRs for amps btw)

I will check the connections and setup again this evening - is there anything aside from enabling synclink on the AV32 and connecting the phono cable between the two that I should be doing?

Thank you

That's how hi-hats do actually sound. I'm a drummer so have some idea :)

In fact, cymbals are wonderfully reproduced through the TAG equipment and it's one of the things I love about it. If you leave it, you will get used to it and probably appreciate it more as time goes on. It does take a bit of getting used to.

hmmm...it is funny but I suspect it is the DACs on the AV32 as my sister preferred the sound of the analogue vs. SPDIF connection from the CD20R when I had it connected - this DVD32R sounds almost identical to the SPDIF connection, well actually I cannot tell the difference to be completely honest, just the DVD32R looks really cool!

Maybe my synclink is defective, or I haven't set it up properly? - don't know how I would ever really know unless there are system diagnostic programs available?

hmmm...it is funny but I suspect it is the DACs on the AV32 as my sister preferred the sound of the analogue vs. SPDIF connection from the CD20R when I had it connected - this DVD32R sounds almost identical to the SPDIF connection, well actually I cannot tell the difference to be completely honest, just the DVD32R looks really cool!

Maybe my synclink is defective, or I haven't set it up properly? - don't know how I would ever really know unless there are system diagnostic programs available?

After setting up the sync link you should see a change in the captions in the preselect window.
eg: a change from say "CD" to " CD-T2L"
This is a good indication it's set up.

okayyyy..I am pretty sure I don't see CD-T2L on the DVD32R if that is what you mean, it only says CD!

What could I be doing wrong? From start to finish (hope this isn't long-winded) what should I be setting up if someone doesn't mind filling me in?

Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom