AV32R DP? your opinion. HELP

A

ariecol

Guys,

I have been offered for 2nd chance offer by the seller

Should I go for it at GBP1601 or is there something fishy going on here? Am I being conned here? SECOND chance sounds fishy to me.

I will ask for the Serial number
I will collect it

So I will eliminate some risks

This unit is fully loaded except NO bypass. Its a DP 5.1. Is there such a "production" configuration.As I have seen DP5.1 bypass before, but not "without bypass"

Please advise.

I am replacing with my AV32R 7.1 DAB fully loaded with this unit :rotfl:

or should i go for "other brand" product that has "room eq".

Please help.

I am nervous.:rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280016698066&sspagename=ADME:B:SCO:US:1

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi,
The spec probably indicates that it has been upgraded from an SP, eg when I upgraded my SP to DP I chose not to have the bypass.
Regards,

i agree with Derek, it must be a single that has been upgraded.
i would definatley go and have a look and hear to see what condition it is in.
its always a risk buying old kit for alot of money :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i suppose it depends on how much you want room EQ, besides what other processor offer this.....only the Tact audio room corrective amp that i can think of.
also it would be around that price (1600) to upgrade your existing tag, at least then you would get a little bit of a warranty

It's a big chance its a con... I recieved 2 second chance offers the last month, the first one was an item that went for £800 and my bid was only £10 :D , so that one was pretty obvious!
If you received the offer in the message area its probably genuine, if it came directly to your e-mail it's probably a con.
If you're unsure forward the mail to [email protected] and they will verify it.

scoobysti said:
...besides what other processor offer this.....only the Tact audio room corrective amp that i can think of.

There are a number of other products that offer room eq other than TACT some exaples of which include:

-- Meridian; both the G series and the 800 series
-- Denon in just about every product
-- Anthem in both the AVM and Statement series
-- And many more...

Cheers,

If the genuine winning bidder pulled out, you would expect at the least a neutral feedback posting. I fthere is no feedback, then its likely it's a con. The other alternative is that you message the winning bidder and ask them if they have taken delivery of the unit yet.

must be a scam as i have been offered the dp at £1000:confused:

I think so. :rolleyes:

===================
"Hi,

The total price I will sell my item is £ 1,600.00 so if you are still interested, please confirm me your name and address and in few moments after your reply, I will contact eBay in order to send you the invoice with the details about this transaction.

thanks and I will be waiting for your reply.
Sarah

PS: I'm sorry but I cannot contact you on the phone because I am a deaf person as a consequence of an recent accident, so please contact me directly by email. Thank you for understanding"

==================================

maj74 said:
If the genuine winning bidder pulled out, you would expect at the least a neutral feedback posting. I fthere is no feedback, then its likely it's a con. The other alternative is that you message the winning bidder and ask them if they have taken delivery of the unit yet.

done it.
no reply :smashin:

Sarah is a funny name for a bloke - and how many women do you know who would splash out on an AV32R DP?

The odds on the only woman who did being struck deaf are pretty slim. I'm not saying its impossible, WSH, but...

Item: TAG McLaren Audio AV32R Dual Processor 5.1 - Black (280016698066)
This message was sent after the listing closed.

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for GBP 1,001.00 on Aug-10-06 14:02:41 PDT is now available for purchase:

TAG McLaren Audio AV32R Dual Processor 5.1 - Black (280016698066)
Your Price: GBP 1,001.00
Offer end date: 5 business days

yup AMCross....

That is the one i bid for as well :hiya:

I messaged the winner, but no reply from him.

He sold a 5x100mr as well. :eek:
"Hefty profit" if he gets away :lesson:

edward said:
Sarah is a funny name for a bloke - and how many women do you know who would splash out on an AV32R DP?

The odds on the only woman who did being struck deaf are pretty slim. I'm not saying its impossible, WSH, but...

never know isnt it, woman being careless :devil:

:suicide:
:oops:

i have to be honest, seems tht this is the "current" ebay fraud trend.

as this is the 2nd time i am experiencing such a "approach". Previously for Rolling Stones ticket. But I opt out instead :rolleyes:

Hi Adrian ,
Sounds like a con
I had the same second chance offer and the person said they were deaf after I asked for there details so we could talk
It was done so proffesional in all the ebay format it
was on some tag bass modules six months ago .The seller was the same guy who you bought the remote ,I contacted him on one of his other items for sale and he told me it was a scam
Like someone else said if it came through your messages it might be genuine

David

hi guys i was outbid on the 100x5

and got this message

Item: TAG McLaren Audio 100X5R 5 Channel Amplifier - Black (280016679159)
This message was sent after the listing closed.

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for GBP 501.00 on Aug-10-06 14:03:08 PDT is now available for purchase:

TAG McLaren Audio 100X5R 5 Channel Amplifier - Black (280016679159)
Your Price: GBP 501.00
Offer end date: 5 business days

it is a spoof

================
Hello,

Thank you for sending us the email you received. We can confirm that it
did NOT originate from eBay or PayPal. The email you received was a
"spoof" email.

Please ignore the email and delete it from your email account
immediately. Do not reply to it, and do not click on any links or
buttons in the email.

=======================

any idea wht is the value i should pay for av32r 5.1 DP with bypass? please......

ariecol said:
it is a spoof

any idea wht is the value i should pay for av32r 5.1 DP with bypass? please......

Hi again.

Just to confirm for everyone that the follow up 'second chance' offer was clearly a spoof but the original unit and seller, James, are totally genuine. I know because I won the auction and picked up the AV32 DP last night! And without wishing to upset anyone I find the details of this particular scam pretty funny :D

I'm a bit confused as to what spec you are after Ariecol as you have asked for bypass but bid on a unit without bypass? However I think you are in the right region, my max bid was only £15 more than yours! And if you hadn't of bid I might have picked up a real bargain!

Good luck searching for another unit.

glad it is genuine.
say sorry to james if he is offended with it, as i actually believe he is genuine but the "2nd chance" offer was not.

nxt time i will contact the member directly on ebay page!

hmm i was prepared to bid for 1600-1650. but felt gutted when i didnt win
i would have go slightly xtra if i am the one who is doing the bidding. someone bid on my behalf.

i know the DP tht was ebayed does not have bypass. i prefer the bypass but i can do without it.

I found 1 unit advertisedby one of the dealer for the same price with bypass. BUT, they advertised it wrongly. GUTTED AGAIN!

anyway u enjoy the DP, sure u do ! :hiya:

As I've warned before,eBay is riddled with scams and spoofs in the high end hifi sections currently,with very few of the itmes actually being genuine,with respect to Krell,Levinson,TAG,McIntosh etc etc.

All are distinguished by being short term auctions(2days or less),and all have an email address to respond to instead of responding via eBay.

Its long past time for eBay to put it's house in order,as this is just killing all high end sales there,and making it a minefield for anyone willing to try.

alexs2 said:
As I've warned before,eBay is riddled with scams and spoofs in the high end hifi sections currently,with very few of the itmes actually being genuine,with respect to Krell,Levinson,TAG,McIntosh etc etc.

[...]

Sadly is Ebay one of the very few remaining places where TAG stuff is traded regulary.
The solution might be the long term "monitoring" of auctions. Speaking for myself - this strategy did safe me from mistakes. Also to double check on ebay name and registered data + checking the BT directory if you are likely talking/mailing with a genuine person ... and not to speak of collection in Person.

CHeers

Benzol

Hi There,

I was also interested in the unit and bid, but had a lot less cash to play with.... Luckily I only live close by so would have collected, actualy at that price i'd have probably collected if they lived in scotland :D

I'm curious if i also have a second chance offer, but my main email is curently down. I've had them for other things and ocasionaly they are genuine, but you can usualy tell due to the email addys or links or whatever. You have to be more careful these days, but most scams like this are still fairly transparent....Generaly if something is too good to be true, it is....Though ocasionaly i have had some amazing bargains from ebay through poor listings, but the answer is to collect if you think its too good. Went to leeds once to pick up about 2K's worth of speakers for £80ish :eek: Thought it was a scam and came away very happy. :cool:

cya,
Lee

ariecol said:
I found 1 unit advertisedby one of the dealer for the same price with bypass. BUT, they advertised it wrongly. GUTTED AGAIN!

:

it wasnt from Tact audio by any chance was it......

Alaric said:
I'm curious if i also have a second chance offer, but my main email is curently down. I've had them for other things and ocasionaly they are genuine, but you can usualy tell due to the email addys or links or whatever. You have to be more careful these days, but most scams like this are still fairly transparent....Generaly if something is too good to be true, it is....

Agree with all that. If you get an email second-chance offer, just log in to ebay and check my messages to see if it appears there... if it does, it must be from the original seller and is therefore as genuine as the original auction. If it doesn't appear there, it's a scam. Beyond just second chance offers, I have stopped communicating with any buyer or seller in connection with ebay other than via the ebay "my messages" system, and never respond to anything unless it appears there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom