AV32R DP - Error 31?

cj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just switched it on and it's coming up with "Error 31" - anybody know what this is?

I hope one of ex TAG people will come up with the list of error codes for DP someday.

This would help just to give us an idea is it something that can be solved with cold start or something that means "where is that IAG number?"

Anyone? Not looking forward to a couple of months without a processor. What other processors are out there that are worth a look?

Hey cj,

my DP started today with the same error code. Have you gathered any helpful information?

René

An error-code list (perhaps available from one of the ex-TMA guys ?) posted in the "Manuals" sticky thread would be another very useful addition to this forum....

ive had a quick scan thro this forum and cant find any info on code 31, hope its not to serious:rolleyes:

yep

he sold it :D

AMCross said:
yep

he sold it :D

Er :cool: , I'm the one who bought it, but only after it went to IAG for a replacement of the PSU daughter board, with upgraded heatsinks.

It seems the earlier DPs tend to do that error over time, burning up that board.... sorry.

If I remember correctly of cj's paperwork, it was a 200-300£ job excluding shipping, evidently.

This repair was done in December and it has been in faultless (hope I'm not speaking too soon...) everyday use from February over here.

Luis

Russ said:
Hi

This is something that AudioCellar can fix. It is a PSU fault of some sort. I had teh same a couple of months back.

- read this thread;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246832&page=2

I recommend him - top guy !

Russ

Thanks Russ this is very helpful information. Since my unit is still under warranty I am undecided where to send it to at the moment.
There is also a very good place to have your tag mclaren units repaired here in Germany. It is Hartmut Bayer the former authorized wholesaler for TMA products in Germany (http://www.home-entertainment-perfect.de). Hartmut is an extremly helpful guy holding up strong former TMA tradition. He has also recently joined this forum.

René

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom