1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

av32r arcam dilemma

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rsjt, Dec 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. rsjt

rsjt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've currently got a Sony STRB930 acting as a processor for my Arcam Alpha 10/10P/10P3 set up. I want to upgrade to 6.1/7.1 and PLII, and the logical thing to do would be to get a new processor. But the only one that's out there that does all this is the av32r. But £2k+ is a lot of cash. Am I better off just getting a AVR2802 or 3802? Just seems like a bit of a waste as I'd be paying for a lot of amplification I won't use. Any processors on the way that anyone knows of ?

2. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    If you can stretch to those kind of funds, then the AV32R is well worth it. No-one is offering the kind of upgrade options that TAG have been and keep doing. Bear in mind that when the AV192R comes out next year, if you choose to upgrade to that, the price you paid for the 32 goes directly to the price of the 192, with no loss for age or condition. There aren't really any processors around now under the £2000 as far as I'm aware, though I'm open to correction. Above that of course, comes Lexicon, which is far more of a bone of contention.

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I'd have to agree with t-force on this one.
    If you can go that extra for the AV32R then do so.

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    In a different league, not even close....