• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AV32 Upgrade

caleb

Established Member
I have the AV32 Bp192 and it has the 5.1 bypass.

I would like to added advantage of the TMREQ system, and the improved DP upgrade.

Anyone know if it's stilll avvailable at IAG, and at what price?

Also if I do decide to go for it, are there still competent technicians there to do it or will it come back damaged by improvements?

It's a long way back to TAG from where I am !!!!!

coolcat

Established Member
I had mine upgraded to DP for £1644.00 last year.

Mr Yakimoto

Established Member
I had mine done in December and came back good as new :D

R

romulus

caleb, i have the same unit and have exactly the same questions

to those who made the change
- is the upgrade from 192 dacs to dual processor worthwhile, if yes in what sense ?
- tmreq how did it help, was the improvement noticeable ?

thanks for sharing your experience

Neale

Standard Member
Yes has been worth while for me there was a distinct improvement in quality of sound although I havent had the luxury of hearing them in a blind setting unit went off a few weeks later unit came back
However the TMREQ is really a hugh improvement and you can compare TMREQ on and OFF it tightens up the bass and improves the higher frequencies although you dont put filters on the higher frequencies

rdg

Standard Member
A question I struggle with is whether to go that step further, and upgrade to the AV192. Any thoughts on the sonic advantages to that?

Richard

GrahamMG

Prominent Member
Frankly none.... BUT......If you need the XLR's, RGB video switching and other options not available on the DP (RS232, IR/TX module etc) it is of course worthy of consideration......

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom