AV30 question

FazerThou

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been offered an AV30 with 7.1 and bypass ex dem from a dealer. The problem I have is there are so many different options on the TAGs I dont know which are worth having, so all you people in the know like to give me some advice about what questions to ask when I phone them again tomorrow. The dealer is about 2 hours away so I would like any info you can give me before I arrange a demo. My only other option is a Rotel 1068 which is appprox £300 cheaper.

Thanks for reading

Would love to halp but alas... am not able to do so as I have no knowledge of the AV30... perhaps Graham, Steve or even Udo can shed some light on this.

Also, although you are likely asking a somewaht bias group (as we all own TMA/IAG kit), I would doubt that you will be disappointed with the AV30.

Cheers,

Joel

I'd be on the lookout for a AV32R, later model the better (DP is the aim here!), I must admit that the AV30 isn't nearly as good when I had one on loan a while back. You don't say what the price is though which obviously has a bearing on things.....

Lets Start here:

AV30R 5.1 £ 1799

7.1 Option including dd EX and TMS7 £199.99
T2L Sync link if you have the dvd32R DVD32FLR or CDT20R £299
Dab Digital £799.99
Action Switches £149.99

So your ex demo unit should be worth £1799 + £199.00 =£1998

And you could add the dab unit or the Sync link or action switches

Software options are:

HDCD £49.95
DTS ES discrete for the 7.1 Unit such as yours £129.95
Mpeg2 £ 39.95

So ask the dealer what software options are already enabled

Hi,

In terms of hardware options, the only others available for the AV30R (apart from the 7.1 you say it has) were:
DAB radio
Action switches
AC3-RF
Digital retiming & sync module (IMHO this is the one of most importance to find out if fitted or not).

Also, possibly of importance, is to find out if the DTS-ES/Neo:6 & HDCD options have been enabled (software options).

See: www.internationalaudiogroup.com/tma
Go to Electronics->Home Cinema->Av processors->AV30R for more info

Hope this helps...

Looks like AMCross beat me to it ;)

Just to add, the sync option re-times all digital sources, not just the CDT20R or the DVD32R/FLR (although it really comes into it's own in the TAG sync link mode)...

The price of the tag was 1600 told I could have it for 1500. When I said I'd leave it they phoned me back about 2 hours later and said i could have it for 1200. That was on Saturday so by the time I phone them tomorrow I'm hoping to get it a bit closer to 1000 which was my limit.

Just been on the phone to the shop and it has

7.1 Hardware option
Digital re-timing & sync link Harware option
Action switches hardware option
DTS-ES and Neo:6 Software option

Does anyone know if Pro Logic IIx is an option for it and how much?

Thanks for your help

Paul

DPLIIx is for Dual processor devices only....

Hi, I was recently tracking a 7.1 AV 30R on e-Bay (Dealer stock) but it didn't go much above £200 and failed to make reserve. I am taking the advice of those here and looking for a s/h DP or 7.1 Bp 192 Av 32R. The secondhand prices seem to be taking a tumble, yet cost of upgrading a basic model is still high. Will IAG run a 'fire' sale of inventory to raise cash?
John

I think it is hifibitz that are doing new 5.1 av30's for about £800 if that helps.

search google it will come up.

I have it in my rack now. Having trouble already trying to set up the speaker levels.

First attempt got nothing from the left and right fronts - checked leads etc
2nd attempt - swapped front and rear leads over just to make sure it wasn't my amp - got nothing from the rear.
3rd attempt - leads as they should be - front L/R now at normal volume along with sub. Center, rear left and rear right have gone very quiet.
4th attempt - :censored: to it. I'll have another look tomorrow

By the way I paid 1100 for it in the end which I didn't think was too bad, might change my mind if I cant get it working properly tomorrow:censored::censored::censored:

Do you need the 7.1 ??
I am selling my vanilla av32r, it is 5.1, but it will be cheapest one yet.

I swapped my Meridian for one as a sort of downgrade to pump some money into a 2 channel system, but it isn't for me, so I am looking at somthing completely different, and a lot more money that will do both music and movies.

Gizlaroc:

Just out of curiosity... why is it not for you?

Joel

Hi, I guess it is a balance between how cheap, the potential cost of uprading and either buying new discounted stock with a warranty or fully loaded s/h. An almost plain one went on these forums for £750.
You may well be correct on the 7.1 issue.
John

The reason it isn't for me?

Well I went from a Denon A1, to a DC-2/parasound 1205 , then DC-2/parasound 2205, to Meridian 568.2/2205 and finally Meridian 568.2/Cinepro 3k6 and everytime there was a big jump, by far the biggest was adding the Meridian or the Cinepro 3k6 (both amazing upgrades).
I decided that I would sell the Meridian to get some money so I could start a 2 channel system, but once you have had some thing you take it for granted, then when it goes you realise what you had, and regret letting it go.
I originally bought the Meridian over the Tag Dual Processor btw. which I am sure most people will agree is quite a jump from the origianl SP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom