AV2HDR v3.3 Released.

raydon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm pleased to announce the release of AV2HDR v3.3

AV2HDR.png

New in this release:

A 'No Remux' option is now available via a checkbox in the bottom left of the AV2HDR window. This enables the creation of sidecar files .nts and .hmt from a source video without the need for remuxing. A new version of the source video is not created when using this option, so the source must be in the 192 byte packet, TS format used by the HDR. Video format will be checked on opening to ensure it meets this basic specification, but this still does not guarantee success. New sidecar files will have the same name as the source, but without any date/time extension appended. Any 'same name' file overwrites are checked for, and confirmation of action will be prompted for.

This option can be used to recreate sidecar files for native Foxsat HDR recordings which may have been inadvertently archived without them. Audio description track and subtitles will be reinstated if the original recording contains them.

You could also use this to import non-native recordings providing that they meet the HDR format specifications. For example, I have successfully used this option to import SD video from my HDR Fox T2. The Audio Description track was listed, but unfortunately the track is in mono only, and would not playback on the HDR. Subtitles were available also, and happily, these did display correctly. I give no guarantee of success for non-native video imported in this way, so please use it at your own discretion.

Also new in this version. When remuxing, any AD track found in the source video will be included in the remux by default, Choice of the main audio track remains via check box selection (providing more than one main audio track is available).

A 'Reset' button is now available at the bottom right of the AV2HDR window. This provides an easy means to clear the form ready for another operation.

Command line operation updated to include the -noremux option.

Modification of recording start Date/Time now enabled in "Edit HMT" mode.

Optimisations and minor bugfixes made to the core code.

AV2HDR v3.3 can be downloaded from HERE.

I hope you find these new functions useful.

regards
raydon

Last edited:
I have just downloaded it, did you click the request download ticket and enter the numbers it displays?

Eventually got it to work once I finally gave up and logged in. What a nonsense.

Thank you Raydon, you have solved my problem before I even asked for a solution.
I was having problems with a .m2ts file, AV2HDR V1.8 was producing a zero length .nts file for it, I came on here to find a solution and saw V3 was now available.
V3 has now produced a valid .nts file but it takes 8:45 to do it where V1.8 only took 3:48, so much slower there.
The V3 produced files behave strangely when played they show a black screen for 3 secs then a blue box stating "this program is scrambled or unavailable" for 5 secs, then play ok, they do this every time I pause or FF/RW/search.
I am not complaining, just hoping to de-bug the package (I have been using AV2HDR since you first released it and I love the program), thanks, John

Last edited:
Another plus for AV2HDR, I have had an mt2s file with DTS-HD MA audio that would not play on anything without skipping or freezing. I put it through AV2HDR 1.8 (3.0 is too slow), the audio was obviously discarded from the ts file, I then muxed the audio with the ts file in TSMuxer and now it plays perfectly.

Any chance of a Linux compile of this?
Not quite that simple I'm afraid. AV2HDR is written in C# and runs under Microsoft .NET framework to provide the GUI. I have an earlier version v1.4 which was prepared specifically for linux that doesn't use any Windows only dll's . With linux, it needs to be run under Mono (with libmono-winforms). That version can be downloaded from HERE, or was there some specific feature of the later versions that you're particularly interested in ?
EDIT: 21/12/14. I'll take the lack of response as a no then.

Last edited:
I've been processing some files (from 2006!) from my old 9200T. Some files get almost to the end of processing with AV2HDR 3.1, then produce an error:

Create NTS Entry Error
===============
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

The resulting output appears to be OK, with processed .TS and sidecars. Sometimes a pass through TS-Doctor eliminates the message on a re-process, sometimes it doesn't. I'm curious as to what might be the issue.

Also, I have a load of Radio 4 recordings that I'd also like to process, but AV2HDR won't touch them because they have no video stream. I could transcode them to MP3 and treat them as "Music", but it would be nice to use them in their native format. Is there an "A2HDR" application that doesn't worry about the lack of "V"?

I've been processing some files (from 2006!) from my old 9200T. Some files get almost to the end of processing with AV2HDR 3.1, then produce an error:

Create NTS Entry Error
===============
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

The resulting output appears to be OK, with processed .TS and sidecars. Sometimes a pass through TS-Doctor eliminates the message on a re-process, sometimes it doesn't. I'm curious as to what might be the issue.

Also, I have a load of Radio 4 recordings that I'd also like to process, but AV2HDR won't touch them because they have no video stream. I could transcode them to MP3 and treat them as "Music", but it would be nice to use them in their native format. Is there an "A2HDR" application that doesn't worry about the lack of "V"?

You could open the radio recordings in a video editor (Windows Movie Maker will likely do the job) and add a still image as the video track (or even multiple images). Output as a .ts file.

Create NTS Entry Error
===============

A minor bug, which I've now (hopefully) fixed. An update to v3.1.1 is available from the link at the top of the thread. Please try this new version on one of your source videos known to cause the error, and let me know if it's error free now.
Sorry, no.

Thanks, both. I'll use Graham's suggestion for radio, but I'm afraid my first test of 3.1.1 (with Channel 4's 'Death Of A President' from 19/10/2006 at 22:00) gave the same error, whether on the original file or on one processed through TS-Doctor. Operation with the GUI produced a .TS only, a command line version produced the relevant sidecars once I clicked OK on the error message.

Don't suppose you could upload that source video somewhere so that I can analyze the problem.

It's 2½GB in size (almost 2 hours). I'll happily upload - or give it my best shot - but don't know where to.

Files deposited and PM sent with details. Thanks, and good luck.

Files received, and bug properly fixed this time. v3.2 D/L link sent in P.M. Please confirm working OK for you before I release, thanks.

OK guys, I've had v3.2 under test and it's proven to be OK.
Thanks to Jellyroll for providing samples of problem source video, and for beta testing this version.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is there a version of AV2HDR-T2 with the 'no remux' option? I want to transfer a lot of recordings from an old 9200T to an HDR2000T and I assume they don't really need demuxing.

Many thanks for all your hard work.

I don't know about the HDR2000T, but can recount my recent experiences with a HDR-Fox T2, which is that files dumped from a PVR-9200T or a PVR-9300T disk (using humaxrw v1.14 with HumaxRW Front-End) to a USB EXT3-formatted 1TB HD play without any need for additional processing. The Fox T2 seems happy to play the .TS using the existing "sidecar" .ELU, .EPG and .HRE files, although the files appear with their "raw" filenames in the listing rather than their EPG description (e.g. "Torchwood De-Classified" from 02:40 on 23/10/2006, showing in the EPG as "1/3. Jack's Back: John Barrowman talks about the experience of being cast as Captain Jack Harkness, and backstage footage shows just how this groundbreaking new series has been brought to life.", appears in the listing as "20061023 0240 Torchwood De-Clas").

If you can live with that limitation you may find that you can save yourself a lot of time and effort by doing a straight disk-to-disk transfer. To mount an EXT2/EXT3 disk r/w under Windows (if needed) you could use the Open Source Ext2Fsd or free-for-personal-use-but-not-Open-Source Paragon ExtFS for Windows. The formatting of that external disk to EXT3 can be done via Linux/BSD or using any of a number of free partition managers including those from Paragon or EaseUS among many others.

(To explain, by the way, why I've been reporting issues with AV2HDR when I've just said it's not needed for the HDR-Fox T2 is that the HDR-Fox T2 and 9300T are my mum's, while I have a FoxSat-HDR, and the 9200T files are mine.)

Thanks for the reply.

I used humaxrw to get the files off the 9200T and the 2000T can play them but it can't navigate properly (fast forward, skip, resume, etc.). As we've got aver 90 unwatched programmes this would become a bit tedious. By the way, the 2000T seems happy with the files being on an ntfs drive, which surprised me as I'd read that it could only fully cope with EXT3.

Ah, I'd not tested navigation with the transferred files, was just happy that I could see and play them. I may have to do some more work for mum's files once she gets used to the change in UI between the 9300T and the Fox T2.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom