AV2HDR v2.0 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raydon

I happy to announce the v2.0 release of AV2HDR.

What's New
Now runs under Microsoft.NET framework v4.0
Uses third party dll now for all FTP functions.
Should resolve problems experienced with earlier versions of AV2HDR when multiple local ethernet adapters were defined on the PC.
In that situation the AV2HDR FTP client could possibly bind to the wrong local adapter.
Much improved transfer speed (up to 40% faster).
FTP logging at two levels, selectable via the FTP settings to assist in diagnosing problems.
Resuming of broken or cancelled FTP transfers. (this function requires vsFTPd server to be running. No resume support in TinyFTP)
FTP file selection via checkboxes, enabling the transfer of an individual file or any possible combination of the three.
Minor improvements to the muxer (which is now in a separate dll also). Video remuxed by AV2HDR will now play in the VLC plug-in.
Option to import epg text from file to pre-populate the Program Information text field of the new HMT file.
This file should reside in the same folder and have the same name as the source video, but with the extension of .epg
Maximum of 254 characters are allowed in this field. if any larger the text will be truncated.

Installation
Unpack the contents or the archive to a folder of your choice.
Right click on each file in turn and select Properties, then Select 'Unblock'.

N.B. The unfortunates who use Symantec/Norton Internet Security may find that some of the files get flagged as WS.Reputation.1 and are subsequently quarantined. In that case you just need to restore them from quarantine.

AV2HDR v2.0 can be downloaded from [Link Removed see below]

enjoy
raydon

v2.0 now superceded. Get v3.0 from HERE.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Should there be a link ?

EDIT I see link posted while I typed.

TimboS

Standard Member
Hey Raydon

I have a problem when using the command line. I get an error:

E:\HDR>
AV2HDR v2.0 - by raydon
2013-04-20.13:45:48.744 Reading source file.av2hdr

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.
Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argu
ment, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at ☻ .☻()
at ☼ .☻(String[] ☻)

Any Ideas?

Cheers
/Tim

raydon

Hey Raydon

I have a problem when using the command line. I get an error:

E:\HDR>
AV2HDR v2.0 - by raydon
2013-04-20.13:45:48.744 Reading source file.

Any Ideas?
Hmm, don't know where your copy of AV2HDR v2.0 came from because in v2.0 the string "Reading source file" was replaced by the string "Analyzing source video - " followed by the name of the source video. :confused:
You can try the same source in the GUI to see if you get a more meaningful error, but I suspect your source video is incompatible.

TimboS

Standard Member
Sorry - Ignore the above. If run as Administrator it all works ok.

Thanks for really useful and excellent piece of software.

/T

ian4355

Standard Member
Hi, bit of a problem, hope you can help.

Converted an 84 minute MKV to MPG using Freemake - all OK and checked against AV2HDR's help file regarding source video.

Imported into AV2HDR which reckons the video is only 21 minutes.

It may be something I've done but I can't spot it.

Ian

ian4355

Standard Member
Still problems - changed to Super C, all OK, looked good in VLC but after being transferred to HDR, the aspect ratio is 4x3.

Help please?

ian4355

Standard Member
Hi all

changed from Freemake to Super C, all OK and looked good in VLC; transferred to HDR and the aspect ratio is now 4x3!

Help please?

Ian

staceydsf

Standard Member
Try running the mkv through tsmuxer, this will convert the video to a .ts file that AV2HDR will recognise.

If the Audio is not AC3 then try audioconverter search for popcorn audio converter, this will convert mkv audio to ac3, then run it through tsmuxer and it should work fine.

Good luck:)

ian4355

Standard Member
Don't have to wait for tomorrow, the whole thing took less than half-an-hour!

Aspect ratio is now fine, but the audio is waaaay out of sync (sigh). Any ideas?

PS the audio on the MKV is perfect

staceydsf

Standard Member
OK it works. I love it. Thank you staceydsf, you're a rockstar!

Nice to help, mods, perhaps there should be a thread some where where all of the different software stuff could be collated that people use to get the files correct for AV2HDR as everyone seems to use different stuff, some free and others paid for, as these questions do seem to pop up quite often and everyone seems to have their own methods of file conversion.:)

nowster

If the Audio is not AC3 then try audioconverter search for popcorn audio converter, this will convert mkv audio to ac3, then run it through tsmuxer and it should work fine.
MKV is a container format (Matroska), like an MPEG Transport Stream (TS), an AVI or an Ogg file.

The codecs used for audio and video within the container are not fixed: it's easily possible that an MKV file could contain MPEG2 video and AC3 audio (although the likelihood is that it'll be an MPEG4 video variant and AAC or MP3 audio).

staceydsf

Standard Member
MKV is a container format (Matroska), like an MPEG Transport Stream (TS), an AVI or an Ogg file.

The codecs used for audio and video within the container are not fixed: it's easily possible that an MKV file could contain MPEG2 video and AC3 audio (although the likelihood is that it'll be an MPEG4 video variant and AAC or MP3 audio).

Sorry, yes, should not have said mkv audio but the audio contained within the mkv container. It's quite possible for the audio to be correct for AV2HDR and therefore no conversion is needed

GeekLeader

Standard Member
I am editing .ts files recorded on my Foxsat-HDR using avidemux to trim the beginning and end and remove adverts. I then process the edited .ts file using AD2HDR and put back on the Foxsat.

Works fine for SD recordings. For some HD recordings AD2HDR creates the .ts, .hmt, and .nts files, however the .nts has zero length, and therefore doesn't work when uploaded to the Foxsat.

Investigating further, HD files with AC3 2.1 sound work ok (i.e. the .nts is created properly and plays back fine on the foxsat). With AC3 5.1 sound the .nts has zero length.

Any thoughts on how to fix? A workround is to select the non AC3 sound stream in AV2HDR, but really I want to keep the 5.1 sound

Thanks

DrPaul

Novice Member
Ah, this answers my question in another thread!

Any chance this will be fixed at some point?

In the meantime I will try the 2.1 sound work-round (and remember not to delete the original files!)

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
No problem with ac3 5.1 with AV2HDR. My camcorder creates 1080i with 5.1 audio files. AV2HDR converts these OK. The CF has a option to correct the 5.1 audio on existing recordings convertfiles - A utility which modifies the PMT and PAT tables in a recording to enable/improve streaming compatability to DLNA clients. Without this streaming HD recordings selects the AD track on most kit (The HDR FOX T2 for instance).

Running this may resolve your problem.

Incidentally it's ac3 2.0 (There is no discrete lfe channel).

DrPaul

Novice Member
Started from scratch and chopped the file down in avidemux as before. Opened in AV2HDR, chose the first audio stream, hit the buffers at 61% as before. Deleted the files, opened the ts file in AV2HDR again and this time chose the second audio option - all ran without a problem and the NTS file appeared, but I'm down to 2-channel sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

DS Audio launches third generation DS003 optical cartridge
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL announces L52 Classic speaker and L75ms all-in-one
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony Bravia XR X95J TV range gets 65-inch model in August
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What was new on Blu-ray for July 2021
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
Samsung QD-OLED TVs primed for 2022 launch?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom