AV2HDR v1.5 with FTP Transfer

raydon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased to announce the release of AV2HDR v1.5 for the Humax Foxsat HDR. This is an update to the earlier AV2HDR v1.41, and adds the facility to use FTP transfer to send the video file set created by AV2HDR directly into a selected folder on the HDR.

Please note that for the FTP function to work, you must have first installed my custom firmware. Check out the thread here.
However, The option to transfer via USB is still available for those who choose not to do so.

Latest version is now AV2HDR v1.8

Changes in v1.8 release:
A bug was introduced in the previous version when a line of code was inadvertently deleted. This resulted in the hmt file not being properly initialised. This is now fixed.

Changes in v1.7 release:
A problem which caused AV2HDR to crash when paging through EPG entries whilst using the HMT editor has been fixed. Very few users ever use the HMT editor function of AV2HDR so this bug will, in the main, have gone unnoticed.

Changes in v1.6 release:
FTP function previously provided by a third party dll now incorporated into main program.
Fixed a bug which caused a "given path's format is not supported" exception when the system language was set to anything other than English (United Kingdom).

AV2HDRv1.8 can be downloaded from HERE Enjoy :D raydon.

mainry.jpg

ftpsettings.jpg

destg.jpg

ftptransfer.jpg

And if you like this free software, it only takes a second to click on Thanks.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for this.

Just one snag (or user error). When I click the HDD button the window to select the destination folder only flashes up for a split second and then vanishes.

I am running Windows 7 X64 and have tried compatibility modes. I also have Twonky and Samba setup and running and I can Telnet to HDR.

Version 1.4 works great for me. Any ideas how to fix it?

UPDATE: I've sorted it. My hd3 folder and all its contents were owned by 999 rather than root. I think this is because I set it up under Linux.

Another great piece of software!

Last edited:
Appreciate the work - I'll test this in a while :)
Will this allow the box to "see" the files uploaded? If I upload converted files via samba, the HDR doesn't display them, having to transfer to USB is a bit of a pain

Will this allow the box to "see" the files uploaded? If I upload converted files via samba, the HDR doesn't display them, having to transfer to USB is a bit of a pain
Wouldn't be much point if it didn't. ;)

Thanks for this.

Just one snag (or user error). When I click the HDD button the window to select the destination folder only flashes up for a split second and then vanishes.

I am running Windows 7 X64 and have tried compatibility modes. I also have Twonky and Samba setup and running and I can Telnet to HDR.

Version 1.4 works great for me. Any ideas how to fix it?

UPDATE: I've sorted it. My hd3 folder and all its contents were owned by 999 rather than root. I think this is because I set it up under Linux.

Another great piece of software!
That's what you get for changing permissions set by the HDR itself. Glad you got it sorted. :)

Wouldn't be much point if it didn't. ;)
Nicely done :thumbsup: - shows up ready to play
So, how do you get the HDR to show them then? I tried using an FTP client and that doesn't work.
AHA - This app just gets better and better. Didn't realise it allows CLI, any chance of allowing a switch to use the ftp xml config to upload it instead of an output dir?

A great addition to an already awesome piece of software.

The addition of Telnet and FTP facilities to the Foxsat-HDR will lead to many more useful utilities, I am sure.

I am experimenting constantly now, and I am sure many others are too.

:clap:

Great work

Wibs

Thanks, this is great, all the hard work has paid off. I have just converted a 2.7 GB file, it shows on the media list and plays, just let the HDR do its night shift and make the .folder and the .tac files.
Well done Raydon.
Just checked this morning, folder and .tac files are there, AV2HDR is now perfect, many thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi raydon, long time no see (only got time to lurk occasionally these days with work commitments).

Many thanks for both pieces of work - fantastic. I've been successfully streaming files from the FREESAT Foxsat HDR all round my house and transferring onto PC to convert down to iphone mp4 for catching up with TV on my daily commute (much more convenient/quick than USB :clap:).

Tried your new AV2HDR with FTP, but I can't get it to recognise the HDR or it's folder structure.

Import a video file, OK the file info box, and the HDR Destination Folder is prefilled with media/sda1 (looking at folders in Filezilla, I don't have an sda1 under media, but I'm not familiar with Linux so could be hidden etc?). If I click on the HDD button, I just get a timeout. FTP settings is correctly filled out with its IP address, username, and password which work correctly for FileZilla.

On Win7 32-bit here, and when Windows Firewall came up with the warning, I permissioned it for both local & internet access.

Any ideas?

Thx.

Les.

Last edited:
Hi raydon, long time no see (only got time to lurk occasionally these days with work commitments).

Many thanks for both pieces of work - fantastic. I've been successfully streaming files from the FREESAT Foxsat HDR all round my house and transferring onto PC to convert down to iphone mp4 for catching up with TV on my daily commute (much more convenient/quick than USB :clap:).

Tried your new AV2HDR with FTP, but I can't get it to recognise the HDR or it's folder structure.

Import a video file, OK the file info box, and the HDR Destination Folder is prefilled with media/sda1 (looking at folders in Filezilla, I don't have an sda1 under media, but I'm not familiar with Linux so could be hidden etc?). If I click on the HDD button, I just get a timeout. FTP settings is correctly filled out with its IP address, username, and password which work correctly for FileZilla.

On Win7 32-bit here, and when Windows Firewall came up with the warning, I permissioned it for both local & internet access.

Any ideas?

Thx.

Les.

Can you see the Humax folders in my computer if you map network drive?
If not have you installed the latest version of Raydons firmwear and activated the programs?

Hi Les,

Nice to know your still around. (shame about hummy.org.uk) Try extending the response timeout period in FTP settings, and double check the username and password. And I would temporarily disable Windows firewall as well , just in case.

regards
raydon

Can you see the Humax folders in my computer if you map network drive?
If not have you installed the latest version of Raydons firmwear and activated the programs?
Thanks for responding.

I have completed all the steps for the firmware, plus Twonky & Samba, and all working fine.

Yes, I had mapped it as a Network drive and can see the folder music, photos, and video. In video I see all my Series Folders, Recordings, and "dot" folders. Been successfully transferring files via FTP & Windows explorer, just not via AV2HDR :(

I'll try Raydon's suggestions.

Rgds.

Les.

Hi Les,

Nice to know your still around. (shame about hummy.org.uk) Try extending the response timeout period in FTP settings, and double check the username and password. And I would temporarily disable Windows firewall as well , just in case.

regards
raydon
Yes shame about hummy.

I'll try those suggestions and report back.

Thx.

Les.

I'll try those suggestions and report back.
No luck with that, I'm afraid :(

Disabled Windows firewall :eek:
Carefully retyped in IP address - checked, and no spurious spaces or dots
tried username as HumaxFTP & humaxftp - again checked for spaces etc
retyped password as 4 zeroes, definitely not using letter O
Increased timeout to 90000

Just takes (much) longer for the timeout message to come up.

Is the prefilled "media/sda1" valid then? I can't see sda1 in filezilla.

I saw one of the previous posts about "owner / 999 /root" curing their problem, but I haven't changed anything manually, only the instructions in the readme file about chmod the samba & twonky files.

Rgds.

Les.

Is the prefilled "media/sda1" valid then? I can't see sda1 in filezilla.
"media/sda1" is the USB port. Try plugging in a USB stick and check again with FileZilla. I think you will find it then. Don't really know what to suggest re your FTP problem, unless you are familiar with using a packet sniffer like WireShark. You can use that to capture and view your local network traffic.

"media/sda1" is the USB port. Try plugging in a USB stick and check again with FileZilla. I think you will find it then. Don't really know what to suggest re your FTP problem, unless you are familiar with using a packet sniffer like WireShark. You can use that to capture and view your local network traffic.
Yes, I can now see media/sda1 in FileZilla if I put a USB stick in. Strange that AV2HDR defaults to this location without a USB stick in. I tried pressing HDD button with the USB stick in to see if it would now let me change the destination, but just got the timeout again.

Oh well, I'll satisfy myself with getting stuff OFF the HDR using your other firmware modifications, that's 99% of my needs anyway.

When I need to put anything ON to the HDR, I'll carry on with USB, unless any other bright spark comes up with an idea.

I wouldn't have a clue what to do with a Packet Sniffer or what to look for, so I'll pass on that thanks :laugh:

Cheers.

Les,

Strange that AV2HDR defaults to this location without a USB stick in.
'/media/sda1' is hard coded in AV2HDR as it's the only possible destination unless your using FTP.

OK, having said I couldn't use a Packet Sniffer, I thought I'd have a go :D

I've attached a .jpg screenshot from a Winshark capture session, filtered on ftp, whilst pressing the HDD button in AV2HDR.

It appears to show that it logs on OK, transfers to the /media folder OK, but then tries to request PASV, but gets a "502 : Command not implemented". I had no idea what PASV was, but google shows that :-

"PASV is an alternative mode for establishing File Transfer Protocol (FTP) connections. PASV mode is designed for FTP clients behind firewalls.

I obviously don't know what I'm doing here :confused: but is AV2HDR asking the ftp server on the HDR to operate in passive mode, and it is not implemented on the HDR? How would I enable/implement PASV? Or is this a red herring?

If this doesn't help any network savvy people out there see what may be happening on my machine, or I'm looking at the wrong stuff in Winshark, I really will let it go this time :D

Rgds.

Les.

Attachments

• winshark_01.jpg
    winshark_01.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 444

Any ideas?

Thx.

Les.

May be of some help, Les
I tried the program last night, worked perfectly but I was running it from my ESATA drive. Just moved the files to my C\programs(x86)\AV2HDR, when run got very similar problems (Vista X64) to you. I unpacked the .rar into a folder on my ESATA drive again and it works perfectly!
Try unpacking and running from another drive

May be of some help, Les
I tried the program last night, worked perfectly but I was running it from my ESATA drive. Just moved the files to my C\programs(x86)\AV2HDR, when run got very similar problems (Vista X64) to you. I unpacked the .rar into a folder on my ESATA drive again and it works perfectly!
Try unpacking and running from another drive
Aah,

Getting "somewhere" now - thanks for this. I was running from within "Program Files\AV2HDR" on my Win7 Laptop. Tried moving the AV2HDR files out to My Documents and running from there, but still the same result. Also tried copying them to a USB stick attached to the laptop, but still the same.

I managed to persuade SWMBO to let me loose on her Win XP desktop and, lo and beyold, it runs perfectly from there, allowing me to change the destination folder and upload to the Foxsat HDR.

So, there's obviously something odd with folders/permissions/program rules, on my Win7 Laptop, which I'll see if I can trace down.

Thanks for the pointer which made me try another machine, don't know why I didn't think of trying that :rolleyes:, just assumed it was my setup on the HDR that I had got wrong somehow.

Rgds.

Les.

savvy249 - Am having the same problem as you - using Windows 7 64 bit.
If you display the properties of AV2HDR.exe do you see a warning that the file came from another PC and might be blocked? I tried the unblock button (also on the dlls and the chm but no change. - also added AVRHDR.exe to firewall and allowed it - same result as you.
Also copied AV2HDR to a Vista PC on the same network (which also copied the FTP settings). Worked fine there.

Ahhh a clue - the help file did not display help properly before - but after I used the unblock buttoin on it's properties it works fine.
Must be a permissions/firewall problem I think.

savvy249 - Am having the same problem as you - using Windows 7 64 bit.
If you display the properties of AV2HDR.exe do you see a warning that the file came from another PC and might be blocked? I tried the unblock button (also on the dlls and the chm but no change. - also added AVRHDR.exe to firewall and allowed it - same result as you.
Also copied AV2HDR to a Vista PC on the same network (which also copied the FTP settings). Worked fine there.
I don't get the warning in properties, or an unblock button, is that a 64-bit feature? I'm on Win7 32-bit.

As it worked on my wife's XP machine (see my post above yours), I used the Compatibility Tab in properties and chose Compatibility Windows XP Service Pack 3 (what she is using), also "Run this program as an Administrator", and for good measure enabled these settings for All Users - Still no success - stumped for now :(

Rgds.

Les.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom