AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 for the Humax HDR Fox T2

raydon

av2hdrt2.jpg

Hello all,

I'm starting this thread to announce the release of AV2HDR-T2 v1.0. A video import utility for the Humax HDR Fox T2 Freeview PVR. (It should also work for the HD Fox T2 with USB HDD attached).
It is a portover of the utility I originally created for the Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat PVR and it's function is similar, though not exactly the same.
Basically, it enables video not created on the T2, to be imported with all the functionality provided in a native recording. i.e. thumbnails, program synopsis and guidance text, fast forward, rewind, resume from last position etc.
I know you will say that you can already import and play some non-native video formats directly on the T2, but AV2HDR-T2 provides those "little extras" that people have come to expect from a PVR.
Full usage details are contained in the compiled help .chm file included with the program. I hope you find it useful.

AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 can be downloaded from HERE

Enjoy ! :)

raydon

P.S. Please don't quote this post in its entirety, one picture in the thread is enough, thank you.

Last edited:

raydon

does it convert formats at all?
No, source video must contain an mpeg2 or H264 video stream, and an mpeg1 layer 2 or AC3 audio stream, although the container type can vary i.e. ts, m2ts, mpg.
This information, and more is in the included help file. It's a very small download so please take the time to download and read it. It may save you from needing to ask, and me duplicating answers.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Raydon

Succesfully uploaded 30 min camcorder content to HD FOX T2.

Details

Code:
General
ID                               : 1
Complete name                    : E:\SpainOct2011TitledFolder\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
Format                           : BDAV
Format/Info                      : BluRay Video
File size                        : 3.84 GiB
Duration                         : 30mn 10s
Overall bit rate                 : 18.2 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 2 frames
Bit rate                         : 17.1 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
Standard                         : PAL
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Scan order                       : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.329
Stream size                      : 3.60 GiB (94%)

Audio
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Stream size                      : 96.7 MiB (2%)

Excellent picture and full navigation - superb effort

Graham

Attachments

• PlazaDeEspana.jpg
    PlazaDeEspana.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 301

surv1v0r

Novice Member
Many thanks for putting this online.

Just as an observation, the .CHM file doesn't mention that your utility also works for the HD Fox T2 - with USB HDD attached.

raydon

Many thanks for putting this online.

Just as an observation, the .CHM file doesn't mention that your utility also works for the HD Fox T2 - with USB HDD attached.
Yes, because at the time I wrote the help file I had no confirmation that it would since I don't own an HD T2, although I had every confidence that it should. I have since had this confirmed (thanks Graham !).

alanathome

Standard Member
Raydon

Succesfully uploaded 30 min camcorder content to HD FOX T2.

Details

Code:
General
ID                               : 1
Complete name                    : E:\SpainOct2011TitledFolder\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
Format                           : BDAV
Format/Info                      : BluRay Video
File size                        : 3.84 GiB
Overall bit rate                 : 18.2 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 4113 (0x1011)
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 2 frames
Bit rate                         : 17.1 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
Standard                         : PAL
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Scan order                       : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.329
Stream size                      : 3.60 GiB (94%)

Audio
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Stream size                      : 96.7 MiB (2%)

Excellent picture and full navigation - superb effort

Graham

Graham have you tried a Topfield file I used TFRecToTS.exe to remove the Header, but when I tried to load it into Raydons Prog it kept the drive light going for an hour then locked the computer up
I'm trying to find a way to move recordings from the Topfield onto either the Freesat HDR or the Freeview T2 any Ideas
Thanks Alan

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Not tried a .rec file. I use videoredo to convert these to standard transport stream files and burn to DVD. I doubt there will be a problem. I will grab one and let you know what happens.

In my case not much point as I can simply replay direct from the Toppy.

alanathome

Standard Member
Not tried a .rec file. I use videoredo to convert these to standard transport stream files and burn to DVD. I doubt there will be a problem. I will grab one and let you know what happens.

In my case not much point as I can simply replay direct from the Toppy.

I had tried VideoRedo but have always had audio buffer overload problem tried again in view of your reply
Was informed If you select Menu/Tools/ then hold shift key and select options you get settings menu with loads of settings item 13 and 14 increase to 1024 and Bobs you uncle all works even did the DVD burn
Next keeping this reply within Thread Subject sent the file into Raydons AV2HDR-T2 v1-0 and out came all files for T2 sent via Firefox onto Humax T2 Box all done BRILLIANT all my Xmas presents early Thanks Raydon and you Graham for making me revisit Video Redo I've had for years (Do have latest ver though) T2 replaced Toppy but put it in Kitchen wife records but wanted playback on Big Lounge TV can't network the toppy need USB int my Homeplugs, anyone ?

PS. Now that Anologue has gone off air, here Sutton Transmitter, I've used RF out of toppy to TV in lounge, and Infra red Transmitter to Kitchen to operate remote, Had problems trying this before but all working now

Last edited:

Grendel

Standard Member
Hi Raydon,

many thanks for the excellent work on this. :thumbsup:

This post is just to let you (and the other people in this forum) know that I analyzed the file formats for the HUMAX iHDR 5200. This is a DVB-C HD-receiver/PVR used in the Netherlands.

If you're interested you can take a look at https://www.sites.google.com/site/grendelssite/home.

I think the .nts and .hmt file formats for the FOX T2 are similar (but not identical) to the HUMAX iHDR 5200. In fact, the .nts files are almost identical, but the .hmt files still differ a lot.

Any chance of adding support for the 5200 to your tool? Humax seems to be using many different file formats for these .nts and .hmt files. It would be great if a user-friendly tool like your AV2HDR tool would support many of them :)

Regards,

Grendel

Last edited:

MartinN

Hi Raydon

:thumbsup:

Great app! I've managed to move recordings over from my sadly bricked Twin onto a HDR, but as I think is the case with the original Foxsat AV2HDR - it looks like the mediainfo.dll doesn't like about 10% of my converted .mpg files (no obvious reason I can see - they playback ok with media player on win 7).

Do you think you'll ever port the freeview version of your App to OSX/Linux?
I'm assuming that the non mediainfo.dll version would then be able to calculate the video length itself.

But even without a fix, I've still got FF & RW on 90% on my files. So many thanks!

Martin

Owen Smith

How do I download this without signing up for 4shared.com? I really don't like giving these sorts of sites my email address.

(Yes I know this is an old thread, there doesn't seem to be a newer one for support.)

halifax555

Standard Member
I tried to download Av2HDR but it comes with a PUP that includes spyware etc. Has this been added by a Hacker or is this intended by the author... This isa growing problem with freeware and even happens now at Sourceforge

halifax555

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. I went from somewhere to version1.0, so that version may have been compromised. I have v2 now running with ".net4.5" in Windows 7 but I am having some problems. Firstly, every time I run it I need to set the destination folder - causing understandabale failure until I worked this out, but at my Humax even though files are xferred they are not shown in the program list - even after a re-boot. Something weird is going on. Secondly, I seem to need to close it to be able to run it again. Is there something wrong with my installation ? (Note I am logged into the box with the modified firmware / Samba so can see the files on "virtual USB" on the destination drive.)

Last edited:

halifax555

Standard Member
I am trying to upload DVDs ripped and turned to an MPeg into an Humax HDR Fox T2. My understanding is that this file should both transcode it again to a TS file and add the sidecar files necessary to fast forward and resume whilst playing. As the files are on the Humax disk but not showing in the program guide - even after a reboot - something is wrong.

raydon

There is no V2.0 of AV2HDR-T2. I suspect you are trying to use AV2HDR V2.0 which is for the Foxsat HDR satellite PVR only. AV2HDR-T2 V1.0 can be downloaded from the 4Shared link in the first post of this thread.

Black Hole

Humax HDR Fox T2
My fault, that info was in the title (although it wouldn't be the first time if it were wrong).

As the files are on the Humax disk but not showing in the program guide - even after a reboot - something is wrong.

I hope you mean the media browser (MEDIA button on the remote), the programme GUIDE is the EPG and only shows programmes being broadcast in the next week.

Regardless of Raydon's comment about the relevant version of the program, I am confused why you wish to put these into a virtual disk. A virtual disk is beneficial on an HD-FOX because it is necessary for decryption but not so on an HDR-FOX, and having a virtual disk on the HDR-FOX means having a real USB drive fitted so that the virtual drive shows up in the media list Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB.

halifax555

Standard Member
Thanks Raydon, I have checked the Help about screen and am using the Foxsat version on a Terrestrial PVR in error. I have now got the right .rar file but really struggled to get past the minefield of Spyware installers at 4 shared.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021