AV192 video colours have changed?

simon40

Established Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Your assistance would be appreciated.

We were watching a dvd last night. Half way through the screen/picture colours altered – background, clothes. etc very blue whilst people’s faces went pink/red.

I have an AV192 with scaler etc. My DVD32R is connected into the scaler along with Freeview and a separate hard disk recorder. Everything is connected to the projector switching box using a DVI lead. Everything has been working fine until last night.

When I connect the DVD32R direct to the projector switching box (using RGB), the colours are fine. I have tried another lead between the Tag scaler and projector switching box – no change (the colours are still wrong).

When watching Freeview, the colour is very much tinged red. However, watching TV through the hard disk recorder the colours are fine.

The DVD32R is connected via RGB1 and signal type is YPbPr component.
Freeview uses RGB2. Signal type is RGB + Composite Sync. (selected by pressing the ‘TV’ button on the remote).
The Hard disk recorder uses an S-video lead into the AV192 (selected by pressing the ‘VCR’ button on the remote).

I know you get green or red tinges if a PSM in a DVD32R is set wrong (RGB instead of COMponent, or vide-versa). The PSM in my DVD32R is disabled, and uses the AV192s PSM - I have not yet worked out how you change the AV192s PSM from RGB to COM (and back). Could this be the issue or is it something else totally?

What am I missing? Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Can't help noticing the number of viewers of this thread is rising but it would seem that we're all waiting on Steve or Graham to tell us what causes it in case we experience the same problem.

AV192R with scaler... some people have all the bucks!!

I am not too sure what you mean by changing the output of the PSM from COM to RGB. To change the scaler output:
Menu-Change Set up-VSM2048-video output settings-scaler output-DVI Output Fomat.

I cannot see why anything should have changed, unless the video formats have come out of sync with the remote control links. Check that you are getting say RGB1 showing on the front panel when DVD is selected. Until such time as the bigger brains take an interest, these are some things that you can try.

Hi Simon,

I think it is worth checking that your DVD32R is outputting a component signal. You would get a pink tinge if it was outputting RGB when the AV192R was expecting component.

From DVD32R user manual:

The digital and analog video outputs can be configured as
component (YPbPr) or RGsB (i.e. RGB with sync on green). The output
mode can be changed only when the player does not have a disc
loaded. To change output mode, remove any disc that is loaded,
close the door, and wait for the no disc message to appear. To select
COMPONENT press the number keys corresponding to the letters
COM, i.e. 2, 6, 6 on the system remote. To select RGB press the
number keys corresponding to the letters RGB, i.e. 7, 4, 2.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks for your reply guys

edward said:
Can't help noticing the number of viewers of this thread is rising but it would seem that we're all waiting on Steve or Graham to tell us what causes it in case we experience the same problem.

AV192R with scaler... some people have all the bucks!!

Edward - I had to save my pennies and forgo many other pleasures to buy the 192. Still have not managed to save enough for an Uvem yet. I have been speaking to someone off-line and he has been really helpful.

Barry.NI said:
I am not too sure what you mean by changing the output of the PSM from COM to RGB. To change the scaler output:
Menu-Change Set up-VSM2048-video output settings-scaler output-DVI Output Fomat.

I cannot see why anything should have changed, unless the video formats have come out of sync with the remote control links. Check that you are getting say RGB1 showing on the front panel when DVD is selected. Until such time as the bigger brains take an interest, these are some things that you can try.

Barry - I’ll give that a try in a second. Cheers

sijones said:
Hi Simon,

I think it is worth checking that your DVD32R is outputting a component signal. You would get a pink tinge if it was outputting RGB when the AV192R was expecting component.

From DVD32R user manual:

The digital and analog video outputs can be configured as
component (YPbPr) or RGsB (i.e. RGB with sync on green). The output
mode can be changed only when the player does not have a disc
loaded. To change output mode, remove any disc that is loaded,
close the door, and wait for the no disc message to appear. To select
COMPONENT press the number keys corresponding to the letters
COM, i.e. 2, 6, 6 on the system remote. To select RGB press the
number keys corresponding to the letters RGB, i.e. 7, 4, 2.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve. I did a full check last night on everything – all appears to be ok (in the sense component out of the DVD32R and the AV192 set to receive component.

Have also recorded all my settings, ready for a full reset. At present I have de-powered and unplugged the DVD32R and AV192 – including unplugging the VSM extra power supply (opps – forgot the extra power supply when I did this last night).

If the de-powering does not work, it’s a full reset. If that does not work I think my AV192 will have to return to IAG for TLC, but I would more than welcome any more ideas rather than risk transporting the AV192 back to its place of birth.

Thanks for you assistance and replies

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom