1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV192 reset????

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by pgilford, Oct 29, 2004.

1. pgilford

pgilford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! My AV192 won't load it's software - I just get an error message saying switch off for 60 secs. I guess there must be some way of forcing it to reset - does anyone know how?? And will I lose the TMREQ settings??

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Talk to Barry at the IAG helpdesk.
    A full reset will wipe most things so don't do it until you have backed up the settings (this assumes you can!).

3. pgilford

pgilford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - they are all out until Monday - so I guess I've got a weekend of silence....! Thanks

4. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If the thing is permanently saying switch off for 60 seconds then the DSP card is failing to initially boot at all... it's a long cruel twisted story why this error condition = this message!

If this has occured since trying to reprogram the unit then chances are the DSP code has been erased from one of the DSP card, without new stuff being reprogrammed in. Go through the reprogramming sequence and hopefully it should be able to force the unit into DSP reprogramming mode.

If this has appeared all by itself then either the DSP card has failed or the v3.3 power rail has failed. Time to ring up the helpdesk.

An eeprom reset will not make any difference for this error condition.