AV192 hick-up + TMREQ

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Hinno, Aug 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Hinno

Hinno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I love the TAG McLaren gear dearly but are completely unqualified to set it up properly. I would be very happy to get some help/advise on the following:
    - Completely randomly the AV192 makes a clicking noise and for 3 sec the sound is interrupted. Sometimes this happens 10 times in 3 minutes but after that it might not happen again for the next 3 weeks. It looks to me the AV192 is switching between PAL and NTSC but I'm not sure. It can happen with all digital inputs, SAT, DVD32 and Wadia 170i (ipod) as well. Anyone had this problem too? Is it a defect or a wrong setting? Thanks for all advice, this is very annoying.
    - I seem not smart enough to setup the TMREQ. It simply doesn't make sense to me and also the manual is not matching with the on-screen menu.
    I would prefer to not waist anymore time and pay an expert to do the job (and explanation) for me. Is there someone to help me out or can recommend me an expert?

Thanks, thanks in advance,
    Hinno

2. ti33er

ti33er

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Hi, I had my 44.1Khz clock go before and it would do something a bit like that, splutter and make some strange 'echo' sounds for a bit...Power Supply is also the number 1 Culprit for strange issues on the Tag AVRs ...I dare say the name, but it may need an inspection by Mr Green at AUDIOCELLAR ?

TMREQ I also have issues setting this up and never had enough time to sit down and play with it long enough (Baby will pull the cables and microphone so I have no chance at the moment to do such things as much as it annoys me not using it) - there are a few EQ Masters on this Forum, depending where you live someone like PWS may fancy tinkering and making a quick buck !? Hehe ;-)