1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV192 Fault?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by mgfair, Jul 31, 2005.

1. mgfair

mgfair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an AV192 in a complete TAG system. The AV192 has all upgrades/ available options save for the video scaler.

Yesterday a fault developed which got progressively worse eventually leaving the product unuseable. The fault started within a few minutes of switching it on: initially everything was fine but I could hear an occassional relay switching on/off. Shortly thereafter the rapid relay switching was joined by a rapid flickering of the display which affected the sound. Any ideas about the cause?

As I live in Hong Kong, will there be anyone that can repair this here or will I have to send it back to UK?

2. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    I'll let the experts answer properly, however, I hope it's just the 3.3v rail.
    That's what happened to mine.
    Steve told me the resistance builds up on the 3.3v rail, increasing the temp and then resistance further.
    If it is this, and it's not caused any damage, the contacts can be cleaned up, or a new rectifier card fitted.
    I think the experts should give their opinion on the problem before going into more detail.
    Regards

3. mgfair

mgfair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

4. SkyFire

SkyFire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I had the exact same problem with my AV32R (I think). I took it back to the dealer two months ago and only just got it back today. A new card is fitted and it's fine now. Mine supposed to be a surround ES 7ch version, however I just realised that all the upgrade/options are gone. I'm gonna call them first thing in the morning tomorrow. Does anyone know whether this is supposed to happen?? Do they need to send the processor back to uk for the upgrades?

I'm really not happy with the support you get from the dealer in HK. They don't seem to know the product very well. :mad:

PM are welcome. Many thanks.

5. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sounds like the EEPROM has had a full wipe for some reason. These should be set back up when going through a production test, but if the work was done by a dealer they won't have these facilities.

Best bet is have a word with the dealer. To reconfigure it requires various startup hold-down key presses and the licence codes to be re-entered in the setup screen.