AV unit issue - help please

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thout I'd throw this out to the AVForums faithful as I've been trying to find a solution to this issue for days now and I'm still struggling!

We have a small utility style room which we want to convert into a boys room for our 2 lads, TV, games console and pool table style thing.

Only aspect we are struggling with is the AV equipment and where to put it!

In the image, we have the 149cm space where we'll have a TV wall mounted, to the left of that space we have under stair storage which we will need access to, therefor (and ideally) we would like a unit only 25cm deep to sit below the TV.... finding one is something else altogether!

All of the equipment is small form factor so 25cm would be be fine. I've considered a radiator cover although they are all too high (don't want a TV 3/4 of the way up the wall... whatever would FZR say about that!!)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing a simple solution here?

Any advice appreciated.

28063w1.jpg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
IKEA Besta units are used by a lot of folk for AV stuff but a lot of people don't realise they also do Besta that are slimline, so only 20 cm deep, in case your small form stuff fits in that size space. There are 2 different sizes of them, 60x20x64 cm and 60x20x38 cm.

If you need a fraction more space, dont fit the back board, which will also add ventilation to the AV stuff, and move slightly off the wall.

IKEA Besta units are used by a lot of folk for AV stuff but a lot of people don't realise they also do Besta that are slimline, so only 20 cm deep, in case your small form stuff fits in that size space. There are 2 different sizes of them, 60x20x64 cm and 60x20x38 cm.

If you need a fraction more space, dont fit the back board, which will also add ventilation to the AV stuff, and move slightly off the wall.

Wow! I have no idea how I've not stumbled upon these units when browsing the Ikea site, a couple of those will be perfect

Difficult on my phone but can you get doors for these cupboards?

Difficult on my phone but can you get doors for these cupboards?
Yes. The larger one is a standard size Besta, just slimmer. The smaller one also has some doors that fit.

We stacked a few and have doors on the bottom part and open like a bookcase on top.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom