• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AV unit issue - help please

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Thout I'd throw this out to the AVForums faithful as I've been trying to find a solution to this issue for days now and I'm still struggling!

We have a small utility style room which we want to convert into a boys room for our 2 lads, TV, games console and pool table style thing.

Only aspect we are struggling with is the AV equipment and where to put it!

In the image, we have the 149cm space where we'll have a TV wall mounted, to the left of that space we have under stair storage which we will need access to, therefor (and ideally) we would like a unit only 25cm deep to sit below the TV.... finding one is something else altogether!

All of the equipment is small form factor so 25cm would be be fine. I've considered a radiator cover although they are all too high (don't want a TV 3/4 of the way up the wall... whatever would FZR say about that!!)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing a simple solution here?

Any advice appreciated.

28063w1.jpg

Showoff

Distinguished Member

Sonic67

Banned

jenam93

Prominent Member
IKEA Besta units are used by a lot of folk for AV stuff but a lot of people don't realise they also do Besta that are slimline, so only 20 cm deep, in case your small form stuff fits in that size space. There are 2 different sizes of them, 60x20x64 cm and 60x20x38 cm.

If you need a fraction more space, dont fit the back board, which will also add ventilation to the AV stuff, and move slightly off the wall.

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
IKEA Besta units are used by a lot of folk for AV stuff but a lot of people don't realise they also do Besta that are slimline, so only 20 cm deep, in case your small form stuff fits in that size space. There are 2 different sizes of them, 60x20x64 cm and 60x20x38 cm.

If you need a fraction more space, dont fit the back board, which will also add ventilation to the AV stuff, and move slightly off the wall.

Wow! I have no idea how I've not stumbled upon these units when browsing the Ikea site, a couple of those will be perfect

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member

Difficult on my phone but can you get doors for these cupboards?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom