av transmitter and ir's

tisico

Standard Member
Hi all, first post here, just received my first bought av transmitter, after some good reading i finally got it up and running, Xenta Wireless HDMI Kit - WHDI HDMI Transmitter and.. | Ebuyer.com this one to be precise and apologies if we are not to post advertisement for other websites, anyway, my main question is i did receive an ir transmitter, my sky box and av transmitter is on the 1st floor and my bedroom (where i have the av receiver is on the 2nd floor , the picture quality is amazing but i cannot change the channels, i know i may be asking a bit too much, but what are my options???

should i invest on a ir "blaster" or booster( may sound a bit amateur but i have only just been googling this for a bit or am i doing something wrong in the way i installed it??? should i try to put the ir transmitter more up in the wall , will this make any difference, or is there a position it should be in.

Many thanks in advance for whoever can help me.

RM

Julie

Moved from the cable tv forum. Anyone able to help here pleasw?

logiciel

OK Julie:thumbsup:, though it's about HD so I have to move it again.
Welcome to AVF tisico aka R M.
You mention only a "ir transmitter" but there should be one device to receive the IR remote control, convert it to RF, and transmit that to the other room, where there should be another that receives it and converts it back to IR for emission to the Sky machine - they might be two separate devices or the same ones that send the channel the other way.
Let us know what those are, and what the manual says about them.
Logi

Last edited:

Rich001

Standard Member
Hi :) not sure if u read further down the page on ebuyer website where u purchased ur product from but if u scroll down it says in red writing u need this http://m.ebuyer.com/230507 to view it on second TV have a second look hopefully this helps good luck.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Rich001 said:
Hi :) not sure if u read further down the page on ebuyer website where u purchased ur product from but if u scroll down it says in red writing u need this http://m.ebuyer.com/230507 to view it on second TV have a second look hopefully this helps good luck.

The OP is receiving the pic and audio okay on the 2nd Tv, it's just no IR control she's asking about.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom