AV System questions thoughts

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by photomaker, Aug 14, 2017.

1. photomaker

photomaker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This will be my first time putting together a quality av system. I am not a big tech guy, photographer by trade. Any and all help greatly appreciated. I am currently designing my home theater with a 4k HDR tv in mind. I am thinking of a Sony or Samsung 65" or 75". Any thoughts? I plan on having all of my AV gear in a closet which will be a 55' conduit runs to my Sanus CFR2127 rack. I have purchased a Yamaha Avenge RX-A2060 receiver. My speakers will be 3 Martin Logen Edge in wall speakers for my front left, center, and right speakers. I have 2 Elecromotion R speakers for the ceiling to be my rear left and right. I am plaining on using Audioquest FLX 14/2 speaker wire run in conduit to my (TV wall) and conduit to my in ceiling speakers. Question 1: Can I run my tv wall speaker wire in the same conduit? From my 4k TV to receiver I plan on using the Celerity fiber optic to HDMI using the Fiber optic Gateway Transmitter and Gateway Receiver. Question 2: has anyone used these? I want to control all my devises using the Niles MS 120 flush mount info red sensor connected to Cat 6 or cat6A cable thru conduit to my AV closet connecting to the Niles MSU250 info red repeater to control all of my equipment. Yamaha receiver, apple tv, comcast cable box, cd player, and blue ray player. Any thought? Should I run CAT 6, 6A, or 7? Is 3/4" conduit big enough for 3 runs of ethernet cable? 11/2" for speaker cable?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,558
    A very US centric collection of kit :)

Cat cable - go with solid core, non-CCA CAT6.

Fibre HDMI - look at the Ruipro Hybrid Fibre cables (drop me a PM if you need more info). Having used and supplied Celerity and Ruipro I would go with the Hybrid option for your system.

Conduit - ideally you do not mix low voltage and high voltage (mains) cables in the same conduit.

TV - what is your viewing distance, ideally post a floor plan.

NILES - I haven't used that kit. Have you considered a mix of IP and IR using iRule and Global Cache?

Joe

3. photomaker

photomaker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Joe
    Thanks for the reply. All this tech talk is new for me. cat6a solid wire twisted shielded? Can't find a retailer here in US for the Ruipro hybrid or any info. Why do you like over Celerity?

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,558
    Ruipro - I can get you sorted in the US, drop me a note.

Ruipro vs. Celerity - simplicity and a faster handshake between devices. Celerity require power at both ends of the cable and take a bit of time to handshake at Startup/as you switch Inputs - with Ruipro it's pretty much the same experience as using a passive cable.

CAT6 - solid core rather than stranded (used for shorter patch cables), non-shielded rather than Shielded (more often used in Commercial applications) and non-CCA (low cost Copper Clad Aluminium should be avoided at all costs).

Joe