1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV switching

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RichardBoult, May 11, 2004.

1. RichardBoult

RichardBoult

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Probably sooo simple but I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out!

I have just bought a integrated home theatre receiver and amp. I have connected the RCA Phono 'Monitor Out' plug into a switchable scart adapter in AV1 on the TV via a single RCA Phono lead into the Video input on the adapter.

I do not use a terrestrial signal, I only use my Sky box for TV.

Problem is when I switch on the TV it comes onto the normal channels and I have to manually switch over to AV because obviously pin 8 in the scart isn't connected and the auto switching doesn't work when I switch on the receiver.

Is there any way to make the TV (Its a Panasonic) switch to or come on to the AV mode when it is switched on?

2. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Why bother to use a scart switch if you are using a composit out? Has the amp no S-Video sockets?

3. RichardBoult

RichardBoult

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    No S-Video out of the amp (Sony HTDDW750S) and no S-video into the back of the TV (only at the front and....well why do they do that!?). Saying that if I could get S-video out of the amp presumably I could just plug that into the socket on the scart adapter?

4. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have often wondered why S-Video was only included in the front or side.

Anyway the best thing you can do is scrap passing the signal through the amp as all you are getting is a composite signal. Hook up your scart box to work direct from you TV this way when you turn on your SKY box it will go straight to your AV channel.

One scart will need to go to the RGB enabled scart on your TV (this is usually AV1) and the other end will need to go into the input scart on the switcher. Then as you already have done hook up your DVD player and whatever else you have.