1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

av stand? worth spending lots of money for a few glass shelves?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by ScoobyDoo69, Aug 22, 2004.

1. ScoobyDoo69

ScoobyDoo69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, looking to get me a nice glass av stand for my two amps and cd deck. now i have a mate constantly going on about this: Atacama Equinox, which means nothing to me and it is over £120. could somebody tell me what difference it makes to have such an expensive shelf? i've been told i'll get ultimate quality... however right now the amps sit on my desk next to my pc and still sound great... so can someone either prove him wrong, or enlighten me as to why this is? and recommend me a nice stand at the same time :smashin:
    cheers

ScoobyDoo69

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Scooby,
    I have a reasonably priced Apollo stand for my gear. Works out about £70 per shelf.
    Is there a benefit in having expensive stuff? Not as far as I can tell! This is some of the cheaper stuff I found.
    It's not hand made and it's only some safety glass with some wood attached. Unless you spend thousands and get a sprung shelf system that might actually stop the shock to your CD my advice is spend as little as possible. Or check out the DIY sites.
    If it's alright where it is and you can live without a shelf then do so.

3. ScoobyDoo69

ScoobyDoo69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i would like to take it off my desk as it seems somewhat cluttered, and to have the amps on seperate shelves for far better cooling. also as its glass i intend to do some nice blue lighting for it, running the lights/fans off an old pc psu

cheers

ScoobyDoo69