AV Speaker Package v Mixed Speakers

Grrrrrowler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I have just bought a NAD T752 amp and it has Celestion AV100 speaker package included.

I already have a pair of Mission M53 floorstanders and a pair of Monitor Audio S1 Silver bookshelf speakers.

My question is should I use the Celestion package or just use the centre and the sub and use my existing speakers with the Missions as fronts and the MA's as rears.

I will be using the amp to listen to movies and music - music via a squeezebox and beresford DAC.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

For movies you need your front 3 speakers to be the same tonally. This is best done by having the same make/model speakers across the front.
However, since you have all the speakers anyway you may as well try your suggested configuration to see how it sounds to you. If you can hear no tonal differences and to you all blends in well then stick with it. If not then stick with the Celestions along the front.

My advice?

Try it both ways, and pick the combination that works best for you. There are advantages and disadvantages to both system combinations. As long as you've got both, try every combination you are interested in, and go with your gut.

Steve/bluewizard

Thanks for your replies guys.

I am thinking that as I will use the system for music quite a lot (which is why I wanted NAD) I will probably be best with the M53s as fronts and maybe invest in a mission centre to match later.

Any other thoughts welcome...

Cheers

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom