AV Signal Distribution

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by kingdomfatman, Jan 29, 2009.

1. kingdomfatman

kingdomfatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, newbie; apologies for the stupidity of this one. But I am somewhat overawed by the amount of info avail here.
    I have loads of wiring installed both Co-Ax and Cat5e between rooms and up & down to the attic.
    My goal would be to distribute input signals from:
    VHF antenna
    UHF antenna
    sky free to air
    chorus/ntl box
    centrally located DVD player
    Apple TV.
    Thats 6 inputs. Throughout the house.
    This is complicated by the fact that I dont want any of the kit near the 42" plasma (chimney breast mounted) but have cable connectivity to/from it. I have the option of a wiring closet in the utility room or alternatively in the attic.
    How can I best achieve this?
    Thanks in advance,

2. FoooManChu

FoooManChu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I feel your pain fella :D Dealing with 6 separate sources is enough to make your head hurt...

Have you thought of maybe rationalising the set up a little. Maybe using Media Centre to distribute your UHF/VHF/Sky FTA/DVD in one souce - maybe using HDMI over Cat5e..?

I'm no expert but if I understand you right I think you may have too many sources even for the ample cabling you already have...?

Need someone with a bit more nouse than me I'm afraid... :confused: :)

3. kingdomfatman

kingdomfatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, would be happy to hear your theory on how I could get it to work. I can rationalise somewhat, not all tvs would need 6 Only the primary lounge unit. The others can make do with 4 r so. Does this alter your thinking?