AV senders & Sky+

L

Libby07

Can someone help me?

I've got Sky+ and have just wired up a Thomson AV sender in order to sned the signal up to my bedroom TV. The picture signal is great everything looks okay, but I can't get the sky+ remote to work on the bedroom telly. Kinda defeats the object of having the sender!

Is there something dead obvious that I should be doing that I'm not? Or is there some trick I don't know about - keep it simple though - I'm a girl!

Help!

You'll need to put the correct code into the remote for your upstairs telly. But by doing that, the remote will then not work on the downstairs telly, unless they are from the same manufacturer.

What you really need is another sky remote, have a mooch on ebay.

Thanks Alun!

I've actually got an old normal sky remote from before - so hopefully that will work.

Is the code I need to put in the one they have on their direct set code list for my telly manufacturer or the Sky+ box manufacturer? Sorry I'm not very technical....

Hi Alun

I tried it last night and it didn't work.

My upstairs telly is a new 15" Mikomi (from argos) and the codes Sky say will work are 1177 or 0065. Any ideas??

Alternatively - I've got another normal sky box is there a cheap way to get this box hooked up to my dish?

Thanks!

You can hook up your old box to your dish aswell.

Just need a suitable length of sat coax, couple of f-type connectors and a freesat card (£20 from sky), Its not a big job, so even if you need to get someone in it shouldnt cost a fortune.

With regards to your sky remote, sorry, got no idea. I know ther is a list on the forum for sky codes, could maybe have a search for that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom