AV senders and receivers

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by ARD, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ARD

ARD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Philipps LCD for the bedroom and also one of these AV senders and receivers to get my Sky signal up in the room. Plugged in the sender using a 2 way SCART splitter and made sure all connections are ok, did that for the receiver up in the bedroom too. But the LCD now has no indication of any signal coming thru, tried auto tuning and nothng just the grainy picture. I know these LCDs are supposed to auto tune but if there isn't a signal coming thru it wont. Tried switiching the receiver/sender channels, but nothing - any idea what could be the problem? My house is a normal one, no additional walls or metal objects. Have only a wireless router in the house, wld that cause any interference?

2. plonky

plonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Try plugging in the sender and receiver without scart splits, just to make sure all is well. You need to switch to the AV input(s) on the TV in the bedroom. Autotune is for RF channels (or freeview if present)

Wireless router may well cause interference. Where is it in relation to the video sender?

3. ARD

ARD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi the receiver is upstairs and the router is two rooms away, so not in the immediate vicinity. Will try what you suggest, some progress, i get sound though have to crank up the volume to really hear it but no picture. Tried shifting the receiver around all i get is lines across the screen but nothing else. Thx a lot.