AV Sender

jinky32

Hi All,

Hope I've come to the right place for this!

I've got an Nvidia personal cinema graphics card http://***********/8s3tq and want to be able to view, select and record Sky+ channels through it on my PC.

I'm guessing that rather than run cables from TV to PC I should use an AV sender similar to these http://***********/8norv. However, none of these seem to support S-video for picture.

Does anyone know where I can get a sender that does, or is there a better solution for what I am trying to do?

Many thanks!

D

DaveP

Your best choice would in fact be to run an s-video cable between the two. I have one that is 10m long and still gives a good picture.

There is no such thing as an s-video sender. You can only buy ones that support composite.

I dislike these things immensely, any movement around the room and the picture will most likely break up, And whatever you do, don't switch on a microwave whilst watching!

Dave

jinky32

thanks dave. A similar thought came to me whilst i was just making a cuppa! I think i'll do that - can i get an 'infra red' sender, so that I can control the sky menu with the remote that came with the graphics card?

D

DaveP

jinky32 said:
can i get an 'infra red' sender, so that I can control the sky menu with the remote that came with the graphics card?
Sorry mate, I don't know enough about the Nvidia personal cinema graphics card to answer that.

I doubt it is compatible with sky. I use one of those things that connect to the RF2 output, works a treat.

Dave

Rambles

Distinguished Member
I have tried AV senders (rubbish), long s-video and audio leads (slightly less rubbish) but by far the best solution is looking at a separate device which you can connect to your exisiting pc by ethernet and stream audio/video across to your tv. Should also get an RGB scart connection that way, if that is the best connection available on your tv.

Last edited:

jinky32

thanks lisag. which device would you suggest?

If it affects things, I am trying to get my tv picture onto my pc monitor, not the other way around

Rambles

Distinguished Member
jinky32 said:
thanks which device would you suggest?

If it affects things, I am trying to get my tv picture onto my pc monitor, not the other way around
Oh... sorry I got the wrong end of the stick

Last edited:

Trending threads

Top Bottom