1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV Sender/Reciever

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MrPrince, Jul 1, 2004.

1. MrPrince

MrPrince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I’m new here, so firstly hello everyone. :) I’ve got an AV problem that I need advice with. I’m installing a new AV exhibit in to a grade 2 listed building with very heavy restrictions on drilling/cabling etc. I need to be able to project DVD footage; basically I know which projector and player I’m going to use, however I need a way of transmitting the signal from the player to the projector. The distance is around 20 meters with direct line of sight. The inputs/outputs I’m using is composite. I’m looking for a solution that provides the least possible picture degradation without costing the earth. Does anyone know of a particular model that they’ve had success with?

Thanks for your help.

MrPrince.

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The performance of wireless video senders seems to vary greatly depending on the building, the distance, any obstacles in the way, other signals in the area, the day of the week, the direction of the wind, your religion and a few other factors.

Get along to Argos and buy the one you like the look of most (they all use composite). If it doesn't work then take advanatge of their 16 day money back service to try another until you find one that works for you. Luckily Argos do a good range, including AEI's Digisender, Philips and Thompson. Maplins have a similar money back policy and stock the Gigavideo sender.

Good luck!

3. MrPrince

MrPrince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, I'll check out Argos. It's been a long time since i've been there for my AV needs!

MrPrince.

4. MrPrince

MrPrince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna try the Philips. I'll let you know how i get on.

5. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    How did you get on? I'm looking for an AV sender at the moment and would be particularly interested in how the sound quality worked out for you. Did you try any others?

Cheers,