Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

AV Sender Help

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by schnapps, Feb 7, 2005.

1. schnapps

schnapps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my mother-in-law is considering buying an AV Sender to enable her to watch freeview in her bedroom but doesn't want to spend to much there is one in argos for £29.99 it looks like it has 3 x phono conections.

does anyone know if this sender is any good and if there is a cable or connector to convert these conections to fit a aerial socket in the back of an old tele.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=3151&productId=120273&clickfrom=name

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think av senders connect via scart or phono connections, I know my aei digisender does. I don't think you will find one that connects via the aerial. Your best bet is just to run a length of coax cable up to the room, togther with a distribution amp or a y splitter from the box.

3. suehall

suehall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I bought one of the video senders in question yesterday. It is connected via a scart lead and also contains a two way scart adapter The instructions are a little difficult to understand and we were unable to get it to work with the freeview box. I don't think this is anything to do with sender but more a problem with our lack of knowledge. There is however a helpline number (local rates) to contact if you have any problems. They are closed at the weekend which is how I discovered this site. I have started a thread on the very subject. Good Luck

Sue

4. Vis Man

Vis Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  5. Trickster

Trickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these and it works very well with my sky system.

I think (if I remember correctly) I have the sky connected to the splitter, then the splitter connects into my DVD recorder, then from my DVD recorder to the telly, but you may want to plug straight from the splitter to the telly.

The other connection from the splitter goes to the sthe phono sockets on the sender.

Then the receiver part just plugs straight into the second TV.

The infra red eye cable then needs to be placed in front of the sky infra red receiver.

Not too complicated, and well worth the money. The only disadvantage is that I don't think it is possible to add a third receiver. - Actually, I don't see why not....

6. suehall

suehall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just wanted to let you know that the sender is up and running, brilliant picture.

The problem was solved once I swopped my very early pace freeview box with the one from downstairs. unfortunaty the pace box did not have its own scart socket but had a lead instead with a scart plug on it. Once I changed the box over to one that had twin scart sockets in the back it worked.

Still trying to fatham out how the infra red eye cable works though.

Sue

7. Trickster

Trickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The infrared cable has to have one of its little 'eyes' directly in front of the infra-red receiver on your digital box. Plug the other end into the sender.

Looks a bit untidy and is a pain if the kids keep knocking it.

8. suehall

suehall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks will give it a try.
    No kids Just dogs!!! Which remote control do I use?

Sue

9. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    The one for the freeview box.