• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

AV Sender/Digisender with Sky+

thickskin

Standard Member
My query is similar to Janes:
i. Ideally could someone recommend or advise if an AV sender exists that will carry the signal via ethernet, I figure this would be far more reliable than Wireless - and have the cabling in place?
ii. Failing that, does a Sender exist that will support Sky+? I've just purchased a Philips sender/receiver and it is very neat in that it allows Sky+ and DVD to be connected to the sender but the recurring issue of remotes not working makes its use a real pain. Also, I get a lot of interference on the Sky picture - changing the sender channels does not resolve this - there are about a dozen WiFi networks plus mine in the vicinity!
I can't believe that it could be this difficult, but this really feels like reinventing the wheel. There seems to be an awful lot of similar frustration out there - has the technology caught up yet with the requirement?
I'd appreciate any help offered....
Many thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom