1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV-Sales help please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lazzer, Jun 12, 2004.

1. lazzer

lazzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,
    As a newbie, was wondering if anyone could advice on my dilemma?
    Was expecting delivery of my Viera 42" today from AV-Sales, but all that has arrived is the bloody stand! I paid £70 extra for next day delivery and got a confirmation call from AV yesterday to confirm all ok for Sat a.m.

Have contacted Initial City Link who say the goods weren't ready for them to collect and I should refer to AV Sales (who are not open weekends) :mad:

Am deeply dissapointed as not only did I pay the £70 extra, I took time off work and have been re arranging furniture and existing home cinema kit. Despite finding cheaper deals elsewhere I went with AV because of good reputation. Can anyone advise? Is there anyone on here from AV who can restore my faith in an otherwise sound company? :nono:

Any help will be appreciated during a fantastic sporting weekend!
    Lazzer

2. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,157
    lazzer, have you tried calling AV Sales? Even though they aren't open someone is sometimes there.

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,685
    Fantastic sporting weekend it may be , but none of it will be in widescreen anyway.

As Smurfin says try ringing if you havent already , The AV-sales guys frequent this forum a bit so they may see this and reply , I would hazard a guess that your not gonna have your screen til tuesday tho , goog luck for when it arrives

john

4. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    At the very least they should refund you the £70.

5. lazzer

lazzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,

Have tried phoning numerous times today but can only get v mail.

Any one from AV help please??

6. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Lazzer,

I appreicate you are disappointed, but I am not really sure your public flogging is the best way to handle this...

After all, it is likely to be initial link's fault (a courier company lieing, surely not!!! ;)) and may not even be anything to do with AV-Sales...

Persoanlly I thinnk you should have contacted AV-Sales FIRST before you start giving out a negative image on their service...who knows, they may have done everything 100% right, as these things happen...

Maybe a PM to Andy of Alastair would have been a little more fair

All IMHO of course, and I hope you get it sorted

JJ

7. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Agreed about a private conversation first but it doesnt matter if the problem is down to AVSales or the courier. Either way he paid AVSales for a service he didnt receive and the buck stops with them.

However given other posts I have read on AVSales excellent customer service, I would expect them to sort out the problem quicktime.

8. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I would agree the buck stops with them, but hey, give the guys a chance before hinting their service is rubbish before even talking to them...

I just wouldn't have haddled it this way, but maybe that is just me...I think that some people tend to use the forums as "public leverage" which I think is unfair...

JJ

9. Fat Tony

Fat Tony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Go easy on the poor guy :nono: - he only wants the items he ordered & paid extra for next day delivery for. At the end of day, he's entitled to the service he has paid for (if the delivery did not happen on Sat am, then that's down to AV Sales and their couriers to sort out between themselves). Lazzer should also get the refund for extra delivery from AV Sales, at the very least!

I would have very disappointed if I was expecting a specific delivery and had taken time off for this. I also agree that Lazzer should post the outcome of all of this so that we know what the outcome is.

Good luck. :smashin:

10. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Fat Tony - not sure what your :nono: is about. Maybe you should reread my posts.

11. Fat Tony

Fat Tony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    rags, I quoted the wrong reply :suicide: - sorry. I agree with you. :thumbsup:

I'll go back and edit my post (although I pity anyone who will be trying to follow this thread after that!).

12. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Ok mate. No probs. Hopefully hes got it sorted today and this thread can start its merry journey southwards.

13. lazzer

lazzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

I won't apologise for my post as I thought it was justified and well worded. I was only looking for help and advice and certainly didn't mean to "rubbish" AV Sales at all. As a newbie I didn't even know if there was any one from AV to send a PM to. I was merely stating facts and looking to get help

As for the outcome of the situation, Alastair has kept in touch with me via pm and Ian has contacted me today to apologise sincerely and confirm re delivery Tuesday as well as chuck in a universal remote as a good will gesture. Of course they are going to refund the £70 for next day delivery.

AV have been been great in terms of trying to rectify this and I have PM'd Alastair to say I would have no problem in recommending them to anyone else. I will also be purchasing other items in the future.

It was a long weekend in front of a 14" telly! However I'm sure that will mean I'll appreciate the 42" all the more!

Looking forward to my first home cinema experience....... Lazzer :smashin: