1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV-Sales.com... useless?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by iSix, Dec 13, 2004.

1. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or just my bad luck?

Last Wedensday I ordered a wall bracket for my LCD and QED performance squart from them, on Friday an invoice turned up but no goods... mmkay, so I gave them a call, and was told my goods would be here today (Monday).
    I've just come home to find a soggy wet battered up box outside the front door (thanks parcelfarce :rolleyes:) containing a slightly scratched wall bracket with some fixings missing (not so bad, I've got lots of spare nuts and bolts, and the scratch probably won't be seen), and no QED squart.

Just phoned them again and the scart will be dispatched later and *should* be here tomorrow, which means I'll have to take Wednesday off work aswell now to put everything up and get it all wired up (which I was planning on doing tomorrow). :(

From what everyone else has said they are supposibly a good company, have I just been really unlucky to have half of my order missing, and the half that did arrive damaged and incomplete? or was the £150 I paid not enough?

2. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Probably bad luck. I've not used them personally but I've read a huge amount of posts with excellent feedback on them.

3. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just had a private message from someone who works for them, looks like they're going to sort everything out :)

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Blame Parcel Farce! errr i mean Parcel Force :laugh:
    It is a busy time for parcels, and even top places like AV sales are at the mercy of these companies.
    So i guess you just had bad luck this time. ;)

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i have a feeling its Parcel Farce...... I have a delivery due from Ebuyer on wednesday and i am bricking it that it wont turn up or will be damaged etc.......

6. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ebuyer use citylink who are usually great, I've ordered tens of thousands worth of stuff from them (work and home) and not had a problem with deliveries.

Alastair Collie (avsales) sent me a private message, and told me they normally use citylink, however the wall bracket came directly from the manufacturer (hence why the cable wasn't included in the package), so it's not the fault of av-sales - who are going to chase up the matter with the manufacturer, and have dispatched the cable tonight.

So:
    AV-Sales = :smashin:
    B-Tech International + parcelfarce = :thumbsdow

Maybe I was a bit quick off the mark with my rant :blush:

7. stuart07970

stuart07970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Hi iSix

I think you were just unlucky!

I ordered a Panny 42" plasma inc delivery and scart board.
    and paid an extra £99 for a table-top stand.

Best price I could find anywhere, ordered online on Sunday night, got a phonecall on Monday morning to arrange delivery.

Very happy!
    Got a phonecall the day before delivery, (my heart sank, assuming there was a problem!) Just a really nice polite lady saying there was no problem, and that the price now included the table top stand!!
    Could I give her my credit card number so she could process a £99 refund.

There aren't many retailers who would offer this level af honesty and goodwill!

MERRY XMAS TO ALL AT AVSALES!!!
    (and no I'm not a relative!, just a very happy punter!) :thumbsup:

8. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Don't forget to edit the thread title!!!!!

9. foxyuk13

foxyuk13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i have always found alistair and crew excellent to deal with

10. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why? The question is are they useless, everyone has answered no :)
    (although if a moderator wants to update the main title they can do, because I don't have to powers to)

11. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    In my experience AV Sales will do all they can to make sure that their customers receive a top class service at all times...but this is a very busy time for both retailers and couriers so mistakes are bound to occur from time-to-time.

I am sure they will sort things out for you.

Cheers, Lee

12. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They already have :)
    The general manager phoned up when they saw this thread (although there was some confusion because the person they spoke to knew nothing about this thread and order).
    I've got to phone them tomorrow to get a partial refund for the wall bracket and the cable has been dispatched, will probably be here tomorrow... so I'm happy again :)

13. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used AV Sales and they were fantastic.

Very helpfull, great price very fast delivery.

14. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Only because people sometimes don't read threads and just get swayed by titles. Wouldn't want someone with a good rep to lose any customers.

Besides you've done it now which is cool.

15. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think I might go into hibernation for the rest of the winter, because I seem to be getting a lot of bad luck recently.

The cable arrived as promised, but!, due to a manufacturing defect (not av-sales fault) it can't be used (one of the plug outers is bent because there's a wire sandwiched between it and the black plastic inside the plug [Photo]) :(

Gave avsales a call and they said they'd call back, I got fed up of waiting :)p) and called them again and they were very helpful, they've sent me a returns form to fill in so it can be returned and refunded. :)

Now all I've got to do is find somewhere that stocks the cable and can get it here for tomorrow... :confused:

16. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Don't know it it's the photo but the metal looks really manky.

17. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's probably the way the light's reflecting off the gold (unless you mean the shell, which is chrome so that's probably the reflection too). The problem is that little blue wire that's poking out (probably damaged aswell) which has bent the outer part of the plug so it won't go into a socket...

Managed to find somewhere locally who matched av-sales' price and let me unpack it to check it out first :D