av/reciever upgrade advice

frankie13

Hi i currently have a yamaha rx-810 with a kef 5.1 system looking at atmos and dts x what avreciever should i be looking at up to 700 quid

ps will be getting extra speakers for atmos
thank you

Rambles

Distinguished Member
How about a Marantz SR6011 @ £650?

I prefer the sound on the Marantz to the Denon.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Hi i currently have a yamaha rx-810 with a kef 5.1 system looking at atmos and dts x what avreciever should i be looking at up to 700 quid

ps will be getting extra speakers for atmos
thank you

What was your opinion of the Yamaha and did you use or enjoy any of that receiver's propriatary DSP Programs?

If you've the budget to facilitate an upgrade as opposed to just an update then also consider the new RXA1070. This model will be the first Yamaha model below Yamaha's flagship models to be able to apply DSP Programs to both Atmos or DTS:X audio. THe only real downside to it is its price and the fact it is only a 7 channel AV receiver.

Given your proposed budge then I don't think you can go wrong with the Denon AVRX4300. THis is a 9 channel receiver with 11 channel processing. THis gives it the potential to be at the centre of a 7.1.4 Atmos setup if you add 2 additional channels of external amplification. It also includes most if not all of the features you'd get on DEnon's higher tier models including dual main room mirrored HDMI outputs plus a third dedicated second HDMI zone output. THeAVRX4300 can be had for £800
Denon AVR-X4300H AV Receiver

You may even be able to trade in your RXA810 against the purchase?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom