av reciever to go with accusound speaker

Ultimate Gattai

Novice Member
I originally posted this on Whirlpool Broadband forums but I think this website is more appropriate due to user's expertise:

"Hi I recently brought the Accusound Reference 8.6XD speakers to go with a refurbished Pioneer VSx-922 but it turned out to be faulty so I had to return it to the seller for a refund.

I'm looking to spend about $500 (A little more or less is fine if it suits my needs), I need to hook up a ps3,Blu-Ray and wii. So I need at least 3 HDMI in (1 spare for future devices) and a component. I don't care as much about brand (as long as it's a good one and the machine is brand new). I only have Betta Electrical, Harvey Normans and Dick Smiths in my area, however I don't mind buying it online."

"Can I have some more recommendations? I'll probably go have a look in Harvey Normans on Thursday but being a small town I don't think I'll have much of a selection (I might have to order online from one of those stores). Are Onkyo/Marantz/Denon/Harman Kardon good brands, what models would you recommend from them?

So far Harvey Norman's VSX523 looks the most appealing but it seems to lack component inputs (is that right or have I misread/misunderstood?). I don't need Airplay but some DLNA for my android/PC would be nice if possible. Also I've been using Banana Plugs because I had originally intended to hook these speaker up to the VSx-922."

Keep in mind I live in Australia so it has to be easy for me to get a hold of online or a nearby store I can walk into.

Xenocea

Standard Member
Have the accusound speakers paired up with an Onkyo receiver.

Sounds awesome for Movies, Games, & even music.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom