AV Reciever for music, multi-room and 5.1

Conzomg

Standard Member
I know there is no perfect receiver that would be able to do all of this well, but looking for options.

I am soon to be renovating my house and intend to be wiring it up accordingly. I mainly use my system for music with the occasional film and computer game. Something semi future proof would be nice.

Multi room would be ideal to have a main 5.1 and 2 separate stereo zones, possibly using a preamp out or spare speaker outs from the 7.1

I currently have a pair of Monitor Audio GR20, a single GR20 for center and some Monitor Audio silverfx for surrounds. I did have a Denon AVC-A1SR running all this gear but will no longer come out of standby unfortunately. Luckily I have a number of Cyrus amps to keep me happy but not sure how long I will be babysitting them for. I use a PC as a source , currently over optical but will use HDMI when upgraded.

Now to the budget.....I think I can only really go up to around £1000. I know this isn't much to be powering such speakers but with the preouts I can possibly use a power amp for the fronts. (are these DACs up to it?)

Am I approaching this all wrong? Any help, suggestions and discussion are greatly appreciated

daveteauk

I have a black AVC-A1SR with the huge learning remote for sale if you're interested? Mint condition, with all accessories from new, and with original box and both huge A4 manuals.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom