AV Reciever for Monitor Audio Radius, Suggestions!?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by italianninja, Dec 24, 2006.

1. italianninja

italianninja
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im looking for an amp for my new monitor audio speakers, see sig. I was thinking of waiting for the new rumored denon 4307 but in the mean time I want to buy something to last me until say march/april when the bring the new recievers out.

Does the 4306 have enough power?

2. dewaryboy

dewaryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there mate i im thinking of getting the monitor audios speaker system u have,so will be needing an amp to power them,where did u get them from and how much,i have demo,d the kef 5005.2 how do the monitor audios compare?

3. italianninja

italianninja
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hiya I got them from sevenoaks in edinburgh. I havent listened to the kefs so I cannot comment on them but as for the monitor audio radius, they are excellent but need some good amplification.

Im thinking of the denon 4306 but still saving for it. It is around £1200 payed the same for the speakers and sub.

4. nix

nix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The Denon amp will have more than enough power, but have you also considered the yamahas?
    Personally, I really didn't like the sound of the Denons when I recently tested them and quite liked the yamahas, though went for Arcam because of it's great musical ability.

5. dewaryboy

dewaryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was thinking about either the denon 4306,yamaha rx-v2700 or the marantz sr8001 has a good spec,but i was thinking about holding out until the new hdmi 1.3 amps come out as the house im moving 2 wont be ready till march time so the new amps mite be out by then,as someone said on here already u have to get on the bus sometime,there always bringing out something new,no sooner will hdmi 1.3 be out then there will be talk of hdmi 1.4,personnally im leaning towards the yamaha amp got a good review in what home cinema,but im gonna have dem the amps for myself

6. italianninja

italianninja
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i think the denon will be good not heard it though. but to be honest i havent looked at much because I am also waiting for hdmi 1.3. its so close theres no point me even bothering to buy anything else until then!

7. nix

nix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Make sure you do here before you buy. I was very disappointed with the current Denons. Maybe the next gen might be better!

8. dewaryboy

dewaryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah as i said earlier i dont move house till march time so hopefully there will be some amps on the market by then with hdmi 1.3,we will wait and see,the playstation 3 is hdmi 1.3 so i,ve read and cd playback is supposed to be equal of high end cd players due to some new technology inside,again we will wait and see,denon amps released next year are supposed to be hdmi 1.3,time will tell