1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV reciever assistance required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dboo, Oct 15, 2004.

1. dboo

dboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a panasonic 36 TV which has only scart connections. I was going to buy a Denon AVR 2802 plus 2910 DVD player but realised after much research on this very informative website that the AVR 2805 would not have any scart connections to my TV. Not quite sure how else I could connect it (advice would be gratefully received as I really like the Denon).

Can anyone recommend any good AV receiver around the £600 price? I intend to use the receiver for music/movie 60:40 and cannot get a plasma TV now as my TV is less than 2 years old.

Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Amp does not need to be connected to TV Accept for OSD Scart is just a connection, and it would be possible to cable video into amp and out to TV but needs far more thought about what you are trying to acheive and what you are going to connect.

3. dboo

dboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish to be able to enjoy the benefits of surround mode when watching DVds or TV programmes. I guess based on your reply, the real question is what would I lose if I buy the Denon AV 2805 which is not connected to my TV because it does not have any scart connection?

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    You dont use a scart connection from the TV to the amp to get sound. You must have stereo analogue outs on the TV to plug into the amp's tv in and then you can play everything from the tv through the amp. If you dont have stereo outs on the tv (you should have) you will have to get a scart-composite and stereo outs lead.
    Hope this helps :D

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    or a scart break out lead scart to scart with 2 analogue phonos.