AV Receivers Now Reducing In Price ?

Buckster

Distinguished Member
what market forces are at work that seem to be now reducing (thankfully at last) av receiver prices in general ?

certainly the likes of Denon and Yamaha seem to be reducing their prices - even after the VAT increase

market pressure ? (were they getting just too expensive ?)

or less weak pound ?

just trying to understand.

Mark.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Thats an interesting observation Mark. Are there any particular models you have been following?

Giblets

Is this a case of individual models, or that features that we only saw in top of the range systems a few years ago are making it into the more budget systems?

HugoFJH

I would suggest that the premium models from each manufacturer SEEM to stay around the same price - you just get more features for your money (or better build / componants) a few years later, and the "older" top features trickle down the range

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Thats an interesting observation Mark. Are there any particular models you have been following?

well someone the other day spotted a Yamaha Z7 for 1299 - but aside from that still 1450 or below vs 1700 5 months ago ?

Seen the Yamaha 3900 for 899 - a lot cheaper than its been previously

I don't think either have a replacement coming up ?

Denon 4310 - now 1450 odd vs I thougt about 1700 previously (may be wrong)

Ive seen the Onkyo 5507 Processor down to 1499 too ( I thought that was holding its price towards 1800 + previously)

just seemed that across the board prices have dropped - and quite a bit too ?

receiver prices previously - even without new models coming out seemed to go up and up, or hold completely fast at a set price, now finally they seem to be going down ?

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
I hadn't appreciated how some had come down so much, a Z7 for £1299 would be an absolute bargain.

Buckster

Distinguished Member
I can't confirm what teh 1299 price was on the Z7 - I just thought I'd read it on another forum

but even at 1450 for the Z7 or 899 for 3900 they are still cracking prices and a lot cheaper than previous :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom