AV receivers. Going up a level.

Gambit1977

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. For the last three years I've relied on my humble rx-467 from yamaha with a set of in walls and in ceilings. I've just bought a popcorn hour A-410 and it's given me the bug again.

I love the yamaha but I do think it's a little bottom heavy and I don't enjoy music on it at all. I was considering maybe the Sony 1040 or a Denon x2000, but are these a step up as such or simply a diagonal sideways?

Budget for this I haven't really set, although I'm sure I can twist the wife's arm to £300 meaning used is my only option.

Hey, thanks for the heads up...just about to have a gander.

I really just need great audio. Everything seems tailored to networking these days but I don't need DNLA as I will use my PCH (which I'm hoping deals with audio better than my boxee box!). I guess Airplay is a decent extra but I'm assuming it only does Airplay audio not video die to Apple wanting folk to buy their locking in hockey puck.

I can definitely recommend the 351R anyway. Best sounding receiver I've owned and a doddle to use.

It's built with high quality components and should wipe the floor for sound quality with the models you've mentioned.

The price is nuts really lol.

Definitely good value. I find myself drawn to the Sony, which is weird as barring playstation I don't usually touch their stuff. This has given me food for though though. My only concern would be the amount of inputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom